RE: CRASH To Desktop

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Claude3

RE: CRASH To Desktop

Post by Claude3 »

Greeting Friends,

I've had P3D for just about two months, and I've experienced several CRASHES to my Desktop while in flight; the most recent was this morning when I was about Ten Minutes out from landing; after a Seven Hour Flight. Can anyone please give me some insight as to why this is happening? I've included what I believe to be, the latest CRASH Log, and the Log on how many times it has done this. I really need a solution; I switched from FSX SE, a 32 Bit Platform to yours, a 64 Bit Platform, to prevent this; I thought. Thank you in advance.

All the best,

Claude Phillips, III
USAF Veteran.
JorgenSA

Re: RE: CRASH To Desktop

Post by JorgenSA »

Hello Claude,

Nothing was attached or pasted in?

Jorgen
RDAF Veteran
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Claude3

Post by Claude3 »

Greetings Jorgen,

I'm sorry, I first sent this straight to PREPAR 3D; and the attachments were with that. I tried to attach them here, but could not see an attachment tab. Do you know how to attach a jpeg? Thank you, and thanks for responding.......

Claude......
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Claude,

I think this is what you are looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=141933

It talks about screenshots, but they are of course also graphics files.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Claude3

Post by Claude3 »

Greetings Jorgen, and Chris Metel.

Thank you both for the information you sent over; below is what you're asking for regarding the CRASH Log.

1. Image
2. Image

Best regards, and Jorgen, Thank you for your Service.

Claude....
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Claude, I sent you a PM.

Jorgen

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@Claude3,
Claude Phillips, III,

I could not read your screenshots. Print is very small.

Crash Log info:

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Claude3

Post by Claude3 »

Ok, Thanks Brother, I'll get back to you.....

Claude.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Claude3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:42 am Ok, Thanks Brother, I'll get back to you.....

Claude.
@ Claude3,

You mentioned:
"I really need a solution; I switched from FSX SE, a 32 Bit Platform to yours, a 64 Bit Platform, to prevent this; I thought."

So, same problem on two Sims.

More information would be helpful.

What are your system specs?
Which aircraft and arrival scenery on your long haul flight?

Have you tested the arrival airport on a shorter flight ?
Best Regards,
Claude3

Post by Claude3 »

Ok Men, here's the screenshots again, I've enlarged them enough so that hopefully you can see them. Also, I'm working on some other suggested solutions. Let me know if you can see them; and thank you again.

1. Image
2. Image

Best Regards,

Claude.
Claude3

Post by Claude3 »

Vaughan Martell, here are my System Specs.....For anyone else helping me with this CRASH Issue.....

System: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, ASUS Z390-A Motherboard, RAM 16 GB, 3696 MHz, NVidia Ge Force GTX 1660 Super, Windows 10 Pro.

I always fly the PMDG 747-400; the route was from RJAA Narita International, from Drzewiecki Design; to WSSS Singapore, from Imaginesim; both very highly detailed airports; and a seven-hour trip. Does this help??
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Claude3 ,
Claude Phillips, III,

You mentioned:
"Also, I'm working on some other suggested solutions. "

Where are you getting the other suggested solutions from?

What are the other suggested solutions?

Your screenshots are too small a print size to easily read.

Note:
You have not answered my previously posted question.

Have you tested the arrival airport on a shorter flight ?

I previously asked for your Win10 Event Viewer Log information?
Do you have the information now?

Crash Log info:
Can you read my screenshot OK?

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:

Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Hi Claude,

In the stuff you sent me, this exception code appears a couple of times:

c0000005

This means that something - most likely an incompatible or badly programmed add-on - is attempting to write to an area of RAM where it has no access rights. The code appears in connection with 2 files:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Gauges\PMDG_747QOTSII_3.dll, and

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Gauges\FS2CrewPMDG747II.gau

In addition, there are .NET framework errors in connection with this.

What I would do here is to get everything for the .NET Framework you can possibly download from Microsoft, and get both the x86 and the x64 versions (32-bit and 64-0bit versions). After installing all of this, run Windows Update, and when you do make sure that in Update, under Advanced options, the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" is set to On. Leave this switch on from now on, to ensure you always get the updates you need.

I had similar .NET Framework problems at one time, and I solved them by installing Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2019, both free downloads from Microsoft. If you do this, then also run Windows Update afterwards as described above.

Also, since this involves the PMDG 747, check with PMDG for possible updates, and if the issue continues then also post the issue to their support.

Jorgen

Claude3

Post by Claude3 »

Hello Brother,

I have the latest .NET Framework installed; I just downloaded the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool, and it fixed the Error Code for running Windows Update. It now gives me the message, "You're Up To Date." I think my problem for the CRASHES may be, that I don't have enough RAM for the highly detailed 3rd Party Airport Sceneries. Four RAM Sticks equaling 16 Gigs of RAM I don't think is enough. My Rig is pretty sound..... Also, I updated PMDG through the Ops Center. And finally, I do have, and funny that you recommend it, the "Visual Studio 2019 installed." These are my Specs:

Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, MSI Z390-A Motherboard, RAM 16 GB, 3696 MHz, NVidia Ge Force GTX 1660 Super, Windows 10 Pro. It's also liquid-cooled.

"Receive updates for other Microsoft products" is now set to on; it was set to off. Thank you so much for your help; all seems to be in working order, so I'm going to leave everything alone for now. The CRASHES do not happen on a daily; I flew the route from RJAA to WSSS, highly detailed airports; and while on final to WSSS, it CTD. I flew the same route the next day, and NO CRASH; landed with No Problems....Go Figure. If you can think of anything else, please shoot me a message.

All The Best Brother,
Claude.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Glad to hear things work, and I have actually had the same thoughts that 16 GB is too little RAM these days. I have put 64 GB in my budget!

Jorgen