Download Issue

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
poppywoppy

Postby poppywoppy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 am

Hi

I have been able to download parts 001 and 003 but am unable to download part 002. It stops downloading at around 102kb. The latest download has been going for two hours and has stopped at 102kb.

I have deleted the partial downloads three times and tried again. I even tried to download to a different folder.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

John

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi John,

I can confirm all downloads are working as expected. Often when we see this issue it is because your browser has cached a download that was interrupted or there is an issue with the drive that the file is being downloaded to. I would suggest attempting the download with a different browser if at all possible.

Let us know,

Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

poppywoppy

Postby poppywoppy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 am

Thanks Adam

I have tried Mozilla and Safari but have the same problem on my desktop.

However I have managed to download to my MacBook using Safari but now I need to be able to transfer the file to the desktop.

I will let you know how I get on.

Technology eh! for a pensioner its a steep learning curve ha ha!!

Regards

John

poppywoppy

Postby poppywoppy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi Adam

All copied and running Ok thanks.

Regards

John

horsefeathers

Postby horsefeathers » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi There.

Possible download resolution requiring Pepar3d action

Sometimes, the reason for the download failing is due to your ISP proxy settings (Please note, this is NOT your own proxy settings that you have defined on your PC). They may have enabled a file size limit, to prevent downloads above a certain size.

This can be seen by;

1) downloads failing to start

2) downloads failing part way though the download, and being unable to resume the download

3) downloads failing, even though smaller files can be downloaded

(Have a look at the Squid Proxy doco for example - following

For example, I can download part 3, and the install doco, but NOT parts 1 and 2 - and I have this same problem on the Flightsimstore.com when attempting to download ORBX!!! - so its NOT site specific.

Is it possible for Lockheed / Prepar3d to break the downloads into smaller files please (approx 1 Gb max) ????

I am having this exact issue, and my ISP is being,ummm, unco-operative on this problem.

So, the only way I can download is by having the download broken into smaller files

Regards

Gerry

==SQUID PROXY DOCO ===========================================

Can I prevent users from downloading large files?

You can set the global reply_body_max_size parameter. This option controls the largest HTTP message body that will be sent to a cache client for one request.If the HTTP response coming from the server has a Content-length header, then Squid compares the content-length value to the reply_body_max_size value. If the content-length is larger,the server connection is closed and the user receives an error message from Squid.Some responses don't have Content-length headers. In this case, Squid counts how many bytes are written to the client. Once the limit is reached, the client's connection is simply closed.)

Return to “Other Support Questions”