3rd Party Development - SDK

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
N1G

Postby N1G » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:50 am

Hi,

I was curious if the team has identified any existing issues with the FSX SDK as it pertains directly to Aircraft modeling and design that have been changed or added to the P3D SDK? If there have been changes to the SDK, what issues may arise when porting an aircraft designed purely for FSX into P3D v 1.3?

Thanks

Bob

gandy

Postby gandy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:33 am

Hi Bob, although i cant really answer the question you are asking but as part of my testing native fsx aircraft in P3D v1.3 i have found that some have issues with VC buttons and switches are not working until you move the camera forward.

An example of this would be the Carenado C152 where only part of the VC switches and buttons work and the other will work when the camera is moved forward with ctrl+backspace. I have 4 other aircraft which has the same VC issue that i have tested.

Its almost like there is an invisible wall in the VC which could mean there is a small chance of model issues with P3D but this is something that i cant remember happening in P3D 1.2.

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Gandy, do you happen to know if this happens with any default Prepar3D aircraft?

gandy

Postby gandy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:00 am

Hi Orswell,

I have not really used any of the stock aircraft other than the Mooney Bravo G1000 and the R22 but i will test all the others today.

Paul

gandy

Postby gandy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:43 am

Done a quick test now and it does seem the Piper J-3 Cub has the same issue with the controls in the front seat and rear seat.

From rear seat only the rear throttle will work with the mouse no other controls will work

From the front seat ( none of these work from rear seat )

Fuel Switch wont work

Trim wont work

Forward throttle wont work

Carb heat switch wont work

Mixture wont work

In the front seat the rear throttle wont work.

By adjusting the camera position it is possible to get the forward throttle to work when in the front seat but its not an easy adjustment with the camera. Its almost impossible to get the other controls to work with the mouse.

I did test the same aircraft in fsx and all the controls work with the mouse as normal.

Edit..

I should add that im using the academic version of P3D

gandy

Postby gandy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi Orswell,

have you had chance to look at this yet with the default Piper J-3 Cub as i feel it might hold the answer to why some 3rd party addons have vc button and switch issues.

Paul

Return to “Other Support Questions”