Email notification for forum posts

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
KelvinNZ

Postby KelvinNZ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi John (and team),

Is there a feature to enable email notifications when replies are made fopr posts a user makes? At present I have to scan all the threads to see if my query has been responded to and if I had an email notification when a repsonse has been created to my post then this would make my life so much easier. Most if not all modern day forums have this feature. Unless of course you are having exchange problems with spam but surely with an appropriate firewall this can be managed. I would recommend Astaro if this is indeed the case. I have found that it takes days and sometimes my posts are never responded to. I don't mind not being responded to if the query is about a feature request but rather know if you are taking into consideration this request that has been made. Even if there was an acknowledged flag that indicates you have recieved the post. I know you guys are probably extremely busy but seeing that I paid nearly $1000NZD for this product I wouldn't mind some acknowledgement about my queries when they relate to application crashes and conflicts.

Maybe you could have a paid support forum or thread for those of us who forked out $$ for the full commercial product.

Regards,

Kelvin

jimcooper1

Postby jimcooper1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:27 am

Doesn't the "Reply Subscribe RSS-Feed" already do this?? I get email notifications of all the threads I'm interested in and have clicked on the RSS-Feed tab.

regards

Jim

KelvinNZ

Postby KelvinNZ » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Jim.

Fair point with the RSS Feeds. Still, I see that I have no answers about queries I have made on the forum. This is more of a service issue rather than a forum issue.

Waiting 8 days so far for support on this post:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=788

I'm providing the information. But, I need this to be facilitated by the support guys so that I can get the information they need. I am an IT engineer and know the importance of this process.

I am a patient man but this is starting to become a mosquito on my back. Just for the record, no disrespect to these guys who im sure are doing a marvelous job behind the scenes, I purely want timely support for a product I purchased, it's as simple as that.

Return to “Other Support Questions”