The Forum Software

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
picnic

Postby picnic » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:26 am

It is just me who can't remember exactly where they are in every thread on a forum? I find it terribly frustrating to have to look through multiple posts to get the first one I haven't read. I also find it wrong that once I read a thread the new marker is displayed against it. There is nothing new I've just read it.

There isn't even a preview button so you can check you post looks/reads right :(

Any chance of bringing this forum up to what the rest of the world is doing? I think it would encourage many more people to take part.

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks for you input. We understand that the current forum system has limitations, Hopefully the 3rd party developer will continue to improve it. We may migrate to a different forum system at some point in the future, but I can't say when/if that will happen.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

picnic

Postby picnic » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks for the reply

Quote:

Quote from bhollis on February 10, 2012, 10:39

Hopefully the 3rd party developer will continue to improve it

Fingers crossed ;)

FSMP

Postby FSMP » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:03 pm

It has a LONG way to catch up, and lacks many of the most basic features that are common in other established forum software products.

It is a real P.I.T.A. to use, and keep track of what has been read, new posts etc. A change to a better supported, and more developed forum software would be most welcome.

DevSim

Postby DevSim » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:20 am

+1

jimcooper1

Postby jimcooper1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:47 am

Although the Forum software is not as fully featured as it could be......

"Show New Topics Since Your Last Visit" works for me and enables me to see what's new and when new replies have come in. If I posed my own question I use the RSS feed to get an email notification of a reply.

However...SEARCHING...doesn't seem to yield results that it should, because it doesn't search Titles only the Body!!

For example there are 4 topics on the Robinson R22 but searching "R22" yields NO RESULTS because R22 is not mentioned in the body of the text, only in the title!

Return to “Other Support Questions”