Connectivity issues with P3D and ActiveSky

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
VaporDriven

Connectivity issues with P3D and ActiveSky

Post by VaporDriven »

Hello! I have a question. I have installed P3D v4. All is well. I am able to open P3D quickly. I then download ActiveSky. All goes well with the download. I then install it onto the computer and (should be) in the sim. There appear to be no issues with the install. I then activate it.

Once this is done, the second I click into P3D to start it, it sits on the splash page. And sits. And sits. Never leaves the splash page until I open the task manager and shut it down. I try to open it again. Same thing.

I then go to 'Add/remove programs' and completely uninstall ActiveSky. Once this is done, when I go back to P3D and click it, it opens immediately with no issue whatsoever.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSky multiple times now.... does the same thing every single time. I have contacted ASN staff and asked them to troubleshoot it, and they have given me every suggestion under the sun.... to no avail.

And so I'm reaching out to you. Clearly there is some connectivity/communication issue between the program and the sim. ANY idea or ideas with regard to what to do about this to fix it?!?!?!?!? Any help would be so appreciated.
JorgenSA

Re: Connectivity issues with P3D and ActiveSky

Post by JorgenSA »

Make sure Simconnect is started, I seem to remember a situation similar to yours where that was the solution.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.