Slow system in bad weather

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Sebpilot

Slow system in bad weather

Post by Sebpilot »

Hi!

I am using P3D v4.5, PMDG 737 NGX and Actice Sky live weather (3 layers of clouds, no shadows, maximum range 70 nm).
When flying in SCT or clear weather I have no problems at all, but when I have bad weatehr and poor visibility my frequency change and every thing I need to change on my autopilot is extremely slow.

I have a full size flight simulator build at home and all instruments are external, take a look at https://boeingflightsim.wordpress.com/,
Whenweather is good it is real time with autopilot settings and the values change rapidly.

But in bad wetaher the change of my dispays are very, very slow and I can turn my knobs 100 times more to get a change (a bit too much but I guess you get the idea).
Why is this happening?

I have a pretty good ASUS graphics card 6 GB, four external monitors and three for displays in cockpit. Maximum resolution I use is 1280x1024 and that is good enough for me. And the internal displays use only external graphics adaptors so not the ASUS graphics card. The 6 GB ASUS dual OC is only used for my four outside view and they are set so the maximum value of the displays are lower than the graphics card does accept.

Does anyone know why my autopilot, radio frequency displays react much slower in bad weather and low visibility and working great (=normal) in scattered clous and clear skies?

I really need to have real weather in my sim and I find the active sky very good for that, but if there is a similar real live weather addon that makes things smoother let me know.

My system configuration is this:
Intel i7 3.2 GHz
16 GB RAM
ASUS Dual OC 6 GB
Martyson

Re: Slow system in bad weather

Post by Martyson »

Hello Sebpilot ,

I use Active Sky and FSGRW (FS Global Real Weather) for P3Dv4, P3Dv5 and Xplane11.

FSGRW information is here:
https://www.pilots.shop/cms/Ui/Pages/Pr ... c70aee6034

ASUS Dual OC 6 GB ?
What is the full product (overclocked) model name ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Sebpilot

Re: Slow system in bad weather

Post by Sebpilot »

Hi.
Thank you.

The full name of graphics adaptor is

GeForce ASUS GTX 1060 Dual OC, 6 GB.