XML Gauge Help

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
fformulaa

XML Gauge Help

Post by fformulaa »

Hello All,

I am having a dickens of a time trying to create a gauge that I can use to pass variables to and from a vb.net application. I have tried Dawson's XML var package and can't seem to get it to work.

My setup is:
P3D 5
Arduinos that control the I/O and LED lights
an in-house VB.net app that is the go between for P3D and the Arduino's.
AirManager for gauge displays

I need to create variables I can manage in my VB.net app to trigger events or control LED indicators on our sim. I currently use some light flags in P3D to control events in our sim but require more flags to manipulate.

For example, the model we are using doesn't have "Auto Feather" indication. So I have used the "TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS" as the flag. When the engines reach a certain RPM range, my VB.net triggers the "TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS" variable, AirManager picks up this flag, and displays the "Auto Feather Armed" indicator on our panel. What I would like to do is create a variable gauge that has these variables and manipulate those variables in order for Airmanager and my VB.net app to do what ever they need to.

I have spent a couple of weeks trying to figure things out with no success. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon