PMDG Registry Issue

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
willwest

PMDG Registry Issue

Post by willwest »

PMDG Support suggested I come here.

I just upgraded to P3Dv5.2 after 4.5 and after installing all the aircraft, I go to install liveries and I get this error message: "I cannot install that livery, as you don't have that variant of aircraft installed." This error appears on every single aircraft but I triple-checked, all aircraft are indeed installed, updated, and working in-game. I reinstalled all the aircraft and still doesn't work. All aircraft have been updated so they work for v5.2. I do run the OC2 as admin.

I have been going back and forth with a PMDG support member for the past 2 weeks trying to figure this issue out and he says that I still have registries still on V3, v4 and v5. The support member gave me some solid advice, but nothing seems to work. Since this is a registry issue, he suggested I come here and see if any P3D devs have any insight on this issue.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled ALL PMDG aircraft. I even reinstalled V4 to see if deactivating the license for V4 to see if that may have been the issue but that didn't do anything.
mpni

Re: PMDG Registry Issue

Post by mpni »

Hi willwest
Try to install 5.2HF1
You can read this page:
https://www.prepar3d.com/latest-news/
If you use the "Delete Generated Files" you will have to reinstall all your addons.

If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons. If running this is not possible due to add-on configurations then removing the VolumetricClouds.cfg in the “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” is strongly recommended due to changes to cloud appearances made in the hotfix.

Regards
Michel
willwest

Post by willwest »

Hi Michel,

I was having this registry issue before the hotfix. I am on the new hotfix now. I will delete the Generated Files to see if that works.

Will
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ mpni :

You mentioned:
“If you use the "Delete Generated Files" you will have to reinstall all your addons.”

Have you tested Delete Generated Files to verify that?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
willwest

Post by willwest »

Martyson wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:40 pm @ mpni :

You mentioned:
“If you use the "Delete Generated Files" you will have to reinstall all your addons.”

Have you tested Delete Generated Files to verify that?
I attempted that anyway and didn't seem to do anything.