Period "." key - 5.2 changed?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
jhaley101

Period "." key - 5.2 changed?

Post by jhaley101 »

Normally, and for as long as I can remember, the "." key has been used for applying brakes for the selected user aircraft.

But in 5.2, something is different. Yes, pushing "." will apply brakes, but something else is conflicting with the sim. It stutters as though some other function or program is also being called.

Today, I flew from Montreal to Las Vegas and when I landed, I applied the brakes, by holding down the "." key. Shortly after, the sim screen went black although the sound continued. I thought for sure I would have a CTD, but I waited and let P3d chew on what was going on. Eventually, the screen returned to normal and I taxied to the gate. Marvelous flight, BTW. Smooth although ASP3D needs to work out some bugs.

I'm not blaming P3d, but I'm wondering where else the problem could be. No joystick, no controller is attached to P3d. Checked the assigned key from within the sim and the only thing showing is "brakes". Checked FSUIPC, nothing showing. GSX? Not likely. ASP3D? I'll post at those spots and see. But wondering if anyone else has seen or experienced this.

And please, don't waste time with comments criticizing the use of the "." key to brake aircraft. I like my keyboard and, as stated - it's always worked. But something isn't right.

I may reassign the key and see what happens.
Martyson

Re: Period "." key - 5.2 changed?

Post by Martyson »

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jhaley101

Re: Period "." key - 5.2 changed?

Post by jhaley101 »

Thanks for sharing the link.

I have posted the problem there too in the hopes that it will help, but it seems like LM is aware and is addressing.

John