VC Flickering

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
roncoylejr

VC Flickering

Post by roncoylejr »

I started getting flicker while flying two days ago, and it doesn't do it on the ground. Windows10 is current K350003191 and my video driver is NVidia 466.27. I did reinstall the video driver 461.92 to see if that may fix it, it didn't so I went back to 466.27. Reinstalled new copies of FSLABS, but it also happens with PMDG. I can also be in wing view and see the random flickering. I have went into P3Dv4 properties and check disable fullscreen optimization. Changed my target to a frame rate of 30 and it continues to flicker in flight.

Any thoughts?
Martyson

Re: VC Flickering

Post by Martyson »

@ roncoylejr ,

You mentioned:
"I started getting flicker while flying two days ago,"

How old is your PC?
PC specs ?
Overheating PC?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
roncoylejr

Post by roncoylejr »

It's two years old, but the video card is brand new. Last December I bought a RX3070 card and had no problem with it. I have been using MSFS2020 and flybywire with some addons without issue. Just did a test today out of KVPS with Fslabs and Default. After uninstalling the last two April updates of Windows the flickering is currently gone. Nvidia driver is back to 466.27 and all setting back to normal. I will do a bigger test today with heavier scenery load for KPHX to KLAX and see if it is truly fixed with the Windows uninstall.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ roncoylejr ,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
roncoylejr

Post by roncoylejr »

After testing in heavier scenery load, I still have flickering. The flickering is not as bad, but it is still there especially when coming into a high scenery area like LAX. I have payware and ORBX running with ActiveSky interjecting from a second computer. So Strang, I have been running this configuration for years now without any problems.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

roncoylejr wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm After testing in heavier scenery load, I still have flickering. The flickering is not as bad, but it is still there especially when coming into a high scenery area like LAX. I have payware and ORBX running with ActiveSky interjecting from a second computer. So Strang, I have been running this configuration for years now without any problems.
You have two PC's (now reported) in the mix , a custom setup that started giving you problems 2 days ago.

Does not sound like a P3D4.5 problem.
Best Regards,
roncoylejr

Post by roncoylejr »

I think I have finally found the problem. Uninstalled ChasePlane and all the camera files and rebuilt new ones. It seems the camera kept trying to go back to this one view inside and outside the aircraft. Once that was deleted, it doesn't matter how dense the scenery is the flickering has stopped. Quick test KLAX to KSFO and no flickering in FSLABS. I hope this is it.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ roncoylejr ,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,