Trying to find setting for stuttering problem

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Louis8

Re: Trying to find setting for stuttering problem

Post by Louis8 »

Asus VA32AQ -got the driver from a site called DriversCollection.com and the file name is Multiframe software 1.1.1.1--- it's a Zip and when I opened it it's a Exe. and that's where I chickened out to install it .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

You did the right thing. Never go to sites like that. Put your model number into that link I gave and it will show the drivers available. Is it an old monitor as there are only W7 drivers available. But try the W7 64-bit one. It should be okay.

https://www.asus.com/Displays-Desktops/ ... _Download/
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Ok, did that and gave me the same one (Multi 1.1.1.1.) I ran the EXE. and it slapped it in program files (x96) under a file called Asus , if i open that file up it has 7 files and one called "Asus Multi frame" and one called "update" . Back in (update driver) I try to point it over to both these files but always comes back and says -have the best driver and Generic PnP monitor so I might be hooped, it still only has the 60hz option also.
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

Hi Louis, it sounds like no dedicated driver was created for your monitor. To get 30Hz you need to use Riva Tuner SS. Google it for instructions for 1/2 refresh rate.
Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K o/c to 5.8GHz, Nvidia RTX 4090 24Gb, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, Asus ROG STRIX HERO mobo, Crucial T700 4Tb SSD, Win 11 Pro, BenQ 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One Yoke
Louis8

Post by Louis8 »

Well thanks Ray for for all your help, not too many stick with you till the end .It did make a difference it seems when I unticked Vsync. For Riva Tuner it downloaded servers , and I don't know enough about it so i left it .
Louis Massicotte
Caroline Alberta
Ray Proudfoot

Post by Ray Proudfoot »

You're welcome Louis. Unticking VSync means it's not trying to deliver the same number of fps as your monitor's refresh rate. Unticking that option can cause screen tearing so just be aware of that.
Ray (Cheshire, England).