Suddenly low fps especially when panning view.

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
CptMichimax14

Suddenly low fps especially when panning view.

Post by CptMichimax14 »

Hello everyone,

To be honest I am pretty annoyed. I have done three windows reinstallations within the last 2 weeks. 2 days ago I was happy that I could finally have +35 fps, even in the FSLabs. Yesterday however I wanted to do another flight and when I dropped at a gate with the FSLabs, I suddenly got 28 fps. I know that you all will say: These are enough framerates, but that is not the thing. The problem begins when I pan the view. Either with a chaseplane preset or when I move my mouse even slightly to see the autopilot. I get such annoying stutters. And 2 days ago everything was fine. Many people said it is because of my 144Hz monitor, but I also tried with the minimum available namely 60Hz. I also did that trick with half refresh rate and stuff like that. As I said 2 days ago, everything fine. The only things I changed before the flight Yesterday, was installing a game from 2006 and installing the Aerosoft a333 and an a340 merge. Please help me.

System specs:

I5-9400 3.9 Ghz

Gtx 1060 6gb 

16 GB RAM

My settings are between medium and high, but it shouldnt be a problem since it worked before with more than 35 fps. 

I already did the main troubleshooting things like delete shaders, p3d.cfg etc. 

I aprreciate any help.
https://t.me/pump_upp
JorgenSA

Re: Suddenly low fps especially when panning view.

Post by JorgenSA »

The change that caused this issue is probably this: "installing the Aerosoft a333 and an a340 merge".

Is your CPU overclocked? If not, try to overclock it and see what happens.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
CptMichimax14

Post by CptMichimax14 »

Dear Mr Jorgen,
I will remove the a340, because I actually wont fly it. Also, when I vought my pc, they told me the base is 2.9 GHZ, but in the task manager it says 3.9GHZ, so I guess it is overclocked, even though I did nothing since the windows reinstall. Maybe such things like overclocks stay even if you reinstall windows?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Overclocking is done in the BIOS on your motherboard, so it will stay no matter what OS you install. The shop is right that the base clock rate of this CPU is 2.9 GHz, so you might want to go into your BIOS and have a look at what it is set at there.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
CptMichimax14

Post by CptMichimax14 »

Dear Jorgen,
I bought a done pc and trust me: in the bios there is no overclocking option. My bios is from American Megatrends and no such option is there. But my task manager says 3.9 so I guess this is not the problem.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

What brand and model did you buy?

You might also want to look at this:

https://itstillworks.com/how-to-overclo ... 10093.html

Just want to cover all the bases, but if it can't be overclocked then it can't....

Jorgen

CptMichimax14

Post by CptMichimax14 »

I am using the Acer Nitro N50-600 I believe. Maybe I uderstood something wrong. Even if I say that in the task manager it stands 3.9Ghz, you mean that it could be possible that it still isnt overclocked. I dont quite uderstand.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Let me look into that model, and let us find out what the bottom line is here and then go from there.

Jorgen

CptMichimax14

Post by CptMichimax14 »

Here are some detailed informations about the exact BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. R01-D0, 04.03.2020
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

This is an odd one. I looked up the computer model specs, and this is what Acer says about the CPU:

Processor: Full performance with the Intel Core i5-8400, 2.8 GHz.

Then I looked up the BIOS info that I found, but after the BIOS name I added overclock, so what I searched for was this:

American Megatrends Inc. R01-D0, 04.03.2020 overclock

and I found several items, but some said in the search results that this BIOS was "odd"! Anyway, one way of overclocking it was mentioned as this:

Frequency Multiplier
Turn on your PC, and press the appropriate key to access your computer's BIOS settings. ...
Select the option for "Cell Menu," which may also be called "Ai Tweaker," "CPU Settings," "Frequency Control" or "MB Intelligent Tweaker" depending on your specific PC.

which leads exactly nowhere, as far as I can see.

For viewing the clock rate, you might want to look for a tool (freeware) called CPU-Z.

Don't give up the ship, we're not done here.....

Jorgen

CptMichimax14

Post by CptMichimax14 »

Dear Jorgen,
thanks so much for looking into it. Just a little correction: I5-9400 and 2.9 GHZ.
Also, after deleting the A340 via a system restore point, everything is smooth for now and I got +40 fps. Thanks a lot for your help.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Ah good to hear that!

Jorgen