Elevation Issue

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Jerrymc3

Elevation Issue

Postby Jerrymc3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm

I'm using Aerosoft Aspen in P3Dv4.5 When I choose Go to Airport/KASE and it loads the airport my plane is at least a hundred feet above ground. Ctrl-Z shows the planes elevation correct according to Aspen charts and slewing down doesn't move the plane. I'm also using Orbx Global Vector and I ran the elevation correction tool. The only way I could correct the problem is by re-installing Aspen but when I turn off and restart my computer the problem is back again.

Jerry

Martyson

Re: Elevation Issue

Postby Martyson » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:20 pm

@ Jerrymc3 ,

If you disable the new airport.
Re-boot PC.
Start P3D and load the default Aspen is it ok?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Jerrymc3

Postby Jerrymc3 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:58 pm

Apparently all my Colorado payware airports have elevation issues; KASE, KDEN, KEGE, KTEX. At Telluride the plane was underground. Disabling them and then re-enabling them put the plane back on the ground. I notice that FTX OLC America is at the top of the Scenery Library under World Scenery but at the bottom of the Addons Library. My Orbx airports are not add-on.xml but FlightBeam Denver is but still had an elevation issue. Would dropping down Orbx OpenLC with Addon Organizer solve the problem?

Jerry

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:03 pm

Jerry,

You might want to talk to ORBX about those elevation issues. I use FreeMeshX and do not have those problems.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:03 pm

@ Jerrymc3 ,

Maybe pilots with your scenery will reply here to offer first hand information.

I have Orbx Global, Orbx KEGE and FlightBeam KDEN and all are OK with P3Dv4.5HF3.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Other Support Questions”