P3DV5 hotfix 3?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Tazflyer

P3DV5 hotfix 3?

Post by Tazflyer »

I would like to know when hotfix 3 will be released? As many are seeing right now, theres a lot of hype around MFS2020 and as cool as that might be, I still want to fly P3d and use this platform for IFR flying. Unfortunately i also find that in P3dv5 there are a few major updates that need to be added for me to come back to this platform.

So the big question on everyone's mind is

When is the P3DV5 hotfix 3 or 5.1 being released ?
Intel Core i7 12700K (OC @ 5Ghz)
ASUS TUF Z690 WIFI Motherboard
Corsair 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black C16 3200MHz
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Samsung 980 EVO Series 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
RTX Geforce 2070 8GB gpu
MPO910

Re: P3DV5 hotfix 3?

Post by MPO910 »

Add me too to this. There are so many issues left open. Especially the EA BETA should be implemented with all it´s glory. Now it has to many conflicts with the scenery and his objects.

Also VR single pass....HP Reverb lagging and having issues (Posted it seperatly).

So 5,1 or Hotfix3 most welcome.

Marcus
Marcus P
Windows 10 Home 21H1
Build 19043.1586
Feature Exp. Pack 120.2212.4170.0
i9 10900K @ 5.0 Ghz | HT OFF | 1.32V
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz
RTX 3090 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor
HP Reverb G2 VR HMD | Steam VR
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It will be released when it is released - same as with the other hotfixes.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Tazflyer

Post by Tazflyer »

The sad part about P3DV5 is it should never have been released in the first place.

Now after seeing how many people have installed MFS2020 and how much money it has made. You now can clearly tell that version 5 was an attempt to get sales happening rather then releasing a full version product that doesn't have items still in beta testing.

It would be interesting to see just how much Lockheed made from v5 compared to the newly released MFS2020.

I guess all we can do is wait and see what Lockheed move will be, as more and more are now dropping p3d.
Intel Core i7 12700K (OC @ 5Ghz)
ASUS TUF Z690 WIFI Motherboard
Corsair 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black C16 3200MHz
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Samsung 980 EVO Series 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD
RTX Geforce 2070 8GB gpu
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Actually, it seems (to me) that more and more people are dropping MSFS2020 and going back to P3D....

And that we can argue about forever without getting anywhere.

Recommend locking this thread.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Alox

Post by Alox »

I have to admit that i was interested in Flight simulator 2020, after i see all advertising it had. I even decided to update my equipment in unprivileged times. But when I was playing I had too many problems (Stutters, a lot of sensitivity on the joystick, buildings and trees flickering, terrain textures blurry, I can only see the airport runways at a short distance.... etc. After reading some comments by Rob_ Ainscough about the limitations of the new simulator, I was even a little more disappointed.

Regards.
a320wolf

Post by a320wolf »

Tazflyer wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:55 am The sad part about P3DV5 is it should never have been released in the first place.

Now after seeing how many people have installed MFS2020 and how much money it has made. You now can clearly tell that version 5 was an attempt to get sales happening rather then releasing a full version product that doesn't have items still in beta testing.
This is exactly what I think. One thing above all: V5 with Direct X 12 for what?!?! To see the world in a sort of fog as you climb above 2-3000 ft ? This is your method to earn fps? And someone call this "realism" ? The night is too dark, the sky has not a uniform colour (often you can see the lines and no, please, it's not my monitor cause MSFS is fantastic in this sense, same hardware). Same limits as in the previous V4. I don't expect the same level of graphics and effects we can now have in MSFS because to achieve this you should probably rewrite from zero all the simulator, and because P3D is not the main product for Lockheed Martin. But at least try not to make fun of people because I honestly believe that in recent years P3D has had an increase in sales as there are no alternatives apart from Xplane.

I respect all opinions, but please don't judge MSFS if you haven't tried it because, you may like it or not, but it is undeniable that what they have achieved is something exceptional compared to everything that exists today, and the good thing is that it continues to improve and continue to be developed.

It is not comparable to other simulators just for the graphic effects and for the fact that what you have in the default version (just installed without add-ons) is at very different levels compared to a default P3D or Xplane. The comparison should be made with the default product, not comparing P3D full of add-ons with a basic product that already offers so much. Look at a default airport in MSFS and one in P3D. Look at the textures, simply look at the windsock ... Come on ... When we start to see add-ons like PMDG, TFDI, FSLabs, MAD DOG etc... in MSFS we'll talk about it again.

I just want all of us to realize what Asobo has developed over the years, and what the others have "developed". I'm a P3D user and client but actually I'm very disappointed with the current version, no excuses. I'm using MSFS now and P3D as well, waiting to see my liners in MSFS. After that, probably, my P3D experience will stop. It will depend from what LM does.

Regards, Max
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Max,

Let me just put it like this:

I had the arcade game MSFS2020 on my system for about 30 minutes, then I asked for a refund.

An airliner that flies like a Cessna 172? Come on - that is such an elementary blooper that one must laugh writing the refund request.

And then you read in the forums around about the beta testers being bluntly ignored after being told they were the most important thing since peanut butter and hot water.

No thanks, I want a simulation, not an arcade game designed for nitwits.

Jorgen

a320wolf

Post by a320wolf »

Dear Jorgen,
do you want to tell me that P3D default is not a game? Do you think that all default planes in P3D are flying as the real counterparts? No, please... nor P3D or MSFS are level-d simulators and all of us know this thing. I don't say that MSFS is "THE SIMULATOR" but it offers much more then P3D generally speaking for what most of us do in a flight simulator. In P3D I'm flying with PMDG, FSLabs and so on... and these are great much more realistic add-ons and all of these planes are developed externally to bypass P3D limitations and for sure they'll do the same for MSFS. But look at MSFS global scenery (real world), effects of light, water, grass, 3d trees, 3d objects in general, PBR effects, textures quality, the sky, the effect of weather (which will be improved with future patches)... now think to fly your PMDG in this world...

I don't want to convince anyone, everyone is free to think as they want, I just think that one should be a little objective in describing two products that, from a certain point of view, are different. In any case, I was a pilot on an ultralight years ago and as far as I'm concerned flying on the Savage in MSFS is much more "realistic" than in P3D where it seems to fly always like you are sit on a sofa. To have any effect you have to buy a product like RealTurb or similar.

Anyway think that P3D has years of development and in 2020 the result is what we can see in the V5.... with poor performances (because in 2020 you should learn that it is better to take advantage of the GPU and not the CPU), stutters, blurries and so on... oh sure there's someone who tells us that he doesn't have any issues... but with what piece of hardware? Titan, I9 and so on... thousands of dollars of PC. I know that with my current PC I have the arcade game MSFS at a quality level and performance which I will probably never achieve with P3D ... maybe because it's a real simulator.

And if you are able to judge a product in 30mins well... The funny thing is watching many youtube videos made by real airliner pilots flying with this arcade game who tell that it's amazing and very realistic in different areas.

Regards, Max
skir4d

Post by skir4d »

I am afraid you two will never come to a mutual understanding, predominantly since I don't think either of you have bothered to define what a flight simulator is to yourselves and to each other.

Having used "flight simulators" since the original came out on a 5 and a 1/4" floppy, and flown real airplanes, let me lend a little advice.

1) Graphics do not define a flight simulator or how "immersive" it is. A proper flight simulator will leave you as wrung out after flying an ILS approach to minimums by hand as the real thing would.. and you can't see a thing out the windows.
2) If you can take a simple default plane (such as a Beaver, etc.), trim it to fly hands off easily using your controller only, reduce power and it responds as a real airplane (if you don't know what how that is, then find a copy of "Stick and Rudder"), then it's a simulator. If not, its a game.
3) Can you fly and land it partial panel in true IFR conditions, no autopilot? If you can, its a simulator, if you can't, its a game.
4) Can you take a sectional, plan out a VFR flight, (including fuel usage, time, etc), and using the default graphics complete the flight safely and within the bounds of fuel and time? If you can, the graphics are good enough for purpose.

The reality is that some games reflect reality fairly closely, some don't. In addition, there are a lot of people that enjoy flying "flight simulators" that do not understand what I said in 2 and 3 above... and they should be able to do so with any "flight simulator". But likewise, I should be able to do anything I listed above with any "flight simulator". The problem that LM and Microsoft have is that it is very hard to make something that is everything for everyone, if not impossible... especially if you intend to port it over to a game console.

As far as fixing problems, I would not hold my breath about MS doing so... their track record in that regard is very poor. They still haven't fixed all the issues in FSX, or COF, or (insert anything after 5.0). LM has a much better track record in that regard. I would also treat downloading graphics as any game DLC... it may not stay free forever.

Also, for those that complain that P3DV5 was rushed out... either you did not experience or chose to forget what a nightmare FSX was.

As far as hardware for P3DV5, the machine I use for P3dV5 was built specifically to handle FSX 5 years ago, and it still couldn't do that without blurries and other issues.... on P3DV5 I have had no issues at all. I personally, as an engineer, am always surprised that considering the vast range of equipment that P3D runs on that it has as few issues as it does.

Well, Deep Enough.
"One man's 'magic' is another man's engineering. 'Supernatural' is a null word." Lazarus Long
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Wise words.

Like you, I have flown the flight simulators since the 5.25" floppies also, those were the days....

Jorgen

a320wolf

Post by a320wolf »

Yes, wise words.

Anyway fly a real plane is another thing, and I doubt that you can simulate the real feeling of flight with a $100 sim-game ;-)

Happy flights to all!
Regards, Max
acuariocq

Post by acuariocq »

I really hope there is a hot fix 3 for this crap version

It the worst thing you could do

I can fly v4.5 perfectly and even FS2020 but this v5 sucks it crashes all the time

If you start in a true earth product it crashes
If you start in NYC it crashes
If you start pmdg in NYC it doesn't even start
If you start with Captain Sim it crashes when the plane do the stupid initialization

It sucks I can't believe the damage you caused to your outstanding v4.5

The electric blue color of the water is awful
The atmospheric enhancement (jaja) crashes
Three good things:
Lightning
Aerodynamics
and that it doesn't take a light year to start like v4.5

But in general is terrible I stick to V4.5 as it is really the best one so far
Hope there will be a fix soon for not having such a bad memory of P3D
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I notice that:

1. You apparently have loaded it big time with add-on products, and

2. You certainly haven't been much active here in these forums asking for assistance.....

Not the best background for making such a statement.

Jorgen

acuariocq

Post by acuariocq »

Hi Jorgen

1. You apparently have loaded it big time with add-on products
Yes, I have everything Orbx has produced for P3D v5 installed
But even in P3D v4.5 I can fly well even having more that 800 hundred entries in the scenery and counting

2. You certainly haven't been much active here in these forums asking for assistance.....

I must admit that
My bad, wrong attitude/expectation towards a forum, therefore I apologize.
Actually I have never ever had a problem with P3D so I have never needed assistance everything has always been great until now
But I understand your point, and you are right, I should have first required assistance but I was so frustrated with the version that I gave up and kept v4.5 and MSFS

I really don't understand why v5 can't make it if I can fly V4.5 with even high settings
This is my equipment for your reference

Asus motherboard H110M-A
Asus GeForce Tuf gaming GTX 1660 Super OC (6G)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
32 GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS (10.0 built 19041)
3840 x 2160, 60 Hz 4k 55" TV screen

It seems to be like a week version, you just look at it and it crashes.

Main message is:
Your dedicated graphic memory has run out. Do you want to exit P3D?
Click abort to exit or Retry to attempt to reclaim memory by setting graphics, lighting and terrain settings to default

And use default settings is something I won't do as I don't like how it looks
I once change the resolution from 3840 x 2160 to 1920 or so and worked better but didn't match the TV screen so went back
I get frustration by just remembering all this,so that's it

Thanks anyway, if it can be improved to be more stable as 4.5 it would be fine for now I'm happy with 4.5 and MSFS though I fear developers stop producing for 4.5

Regards
Carlos