FX Content error

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
CBT_Phoenix

FX Content error

Postby CBT_Phoenix » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi everyone!

I have recently started using P3D (I come from years of FSX), and I've installed some add-ons such as Aerosoft Rome and London airports, and GSX Level 2, in addition to ASP4 and ASCA.
The problem is that every time I exit the simulator I receive a notification of Content Errors, so I go look the log in the Documents folder, and I always find between 30 and 50 errors all stating: error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_mkrgl"
I've reinstalled it many times, I even reset my PC, but nothing changes; 99% of the times when I close P3D, these errors appear.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thank you very much!

Martyson

Re: FX Content error

Postby Martyson » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi everyone!

I have recently started using P3D (I come from years of FSX), and I've installed some add-ons such as Aerosoft Rome and London airports, and GSX Level 2, in addition to ASP4 and ASCA.
The problem is that every time I exit the simulator I receive a notification of Content Errors, so I go look the log in the Documents folder, and I always find between 30 and 50 errors all stating: error=Failed to load visual effect "fx_mkrgl"
I've reinstalled it many times, I even reset my PC, but nothing changes; 99% of the times when I close P3D, these errors appear.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thank you very much!
The Add-on software developers need to fix those errors.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Simbol

Postby Simbol » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:12 pm

The is a visual effect with the name of fx_mkrgl.fx missing in your system.

Options:

A) Find out which add-on is looking for this effect and try to get it to remove the error.

B) Disable content error reporting.

C) Create a dummy effect (an empty file) with the name of fx_mkrgl.fx and place it inside your P3D\effects directory. This would remove the errors. However it doesn't resolve the real cause of the issue, which is that effect file is not available.

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com

CBT_Phoenix

Postby CBT_Phoenix » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:31 am

Hi,

Many thanks. I realized the issue and I’ve disabled the Content Error Reporting.

Thank you very much for the help!

Return to “Other Support Questions”