Abnormal Airplane External Visuals P3D V4.3

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
raylemus

Abnormal Airplane External Visuals P3D V4.3

Postby raylemus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:24 pm

Hey, anyone has ever seen textures not loading correctly when looking at the airplanes from the external view? I’m having issues where all airplanes in the external visual model have parts missing, or sections of the fuselages are transparent. It looks like is in random areas too, or differs between addons. Scenery looks good. I wish I can upload a screenshot. I’m running an i7 7700k, with the Nvidia 1080, 32 Gigs of RAM, and Windows 10. All drivers up to date. Thanks.

Ray

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Abnormal Airplane External Visuals P3D V4.3

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi Ray,

Are you seeing this when switching to an external view like locked spot or when manually moving the camera out of the cockpit while still in the virtual cockpit view?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

raylemus

Postby raylemus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I’m seeing it on the initial load screen where the airplanes rotate after you load them, and when pressing the “S” key to look at the external models. I initially thought is was the FSLA320X, and I posted it on their forum; but I later discovered it was with all the modules. Below is a link to some screenshots I was abled to load on their forum.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index. ... ual-issue/

Ray

downscc

Postby downscc » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Looks like moire pattern to me, and that is highly unusual in daylight lighting. Are you using any shader modifications or addons? I'd be looking at those if so.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Return to “Other Support Questions”