[RESOLVED] No basic key assignments in P3D v4.3 - FSUIPC

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
TigerTone

[RESOLVED] No basic key assignments in P3D v4.3 - FSUIPC

Postby TigerTone » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi, I am trying to install a joystick in P3D v4.3.
I want to assign basic commands to my joystick such as engine throttle, brakes, gears, etc. but there are none of them showing up in the configuration screen.
If I select for example (engines) in the drop down menu there is just a blank screen with nothing to click on to select axis or key assignments.
Am I missing something?
Any help would be grateful.
Thank you.

shermank

Re: No basic key assignments in P3D v4.3

Postby shermank » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 am

I cannot answer your question as to why you are seeing to links to set up your joystick, but lots of simmers prefer FSUIPC for function assignments. The software also gives the opportunity to apply specific functions to specific aircraft.

Sherm

downscc

Postby downscc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Does your joystick have more than just a joystick two axis? You might have a third axis you can assign to a throttle for example, and some have a twist axis you could assign to rudder.

Keep in mind there are buttons and keys and then there are axis. An axis is like the pitch on a joystick. Axis is on a different screen from buttons and keys. Axis is an analog span, button/key is on/off. Separate screens.
Dan Downs
KCRP

TigerTone

Postby TigerTone » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 pm

I uninstalled FSUIPC and re-installed it and for some reason it fixed it. All commands have now appeared so I can assign everything I need to.

Return to “Other Support Questions”