[RESOLVED] ATC issue still a problem - v4.2

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
PaulD

[RESOLVED] ATC issue still a problem - v4.2

Postby PaulD » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:36 pm

I know this has been hashed out extensively over the past several months. Some people have reported success by deleting one of the .cfg files, and letting the program regenerate it. Some have said they got around it by saving and resaving the default scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there had "success" by sacrificing a fattened goat immediately before opening the program. I have tried all but the last one. I don't currently have an available goat. I have had the ATC come on, work for a while, then stop. Sometimes it has failed after adding a plane or scenery. Sometimes that hasn't effected it. It seems to me that whatever is causing it is happening at random times.

So, my question is: How long are we going to have to wait for fix? I can get ATIS by manually setting the frequency. That is not a problem. And when entering the pattern at a small, uncontrolled airport, I can pretend I've announced my maneuvers. And I will hear any AI aircraft in the area by tuning to the right frequency. So P3D is not totally useless without the fix. But even in a virtual world it doesn't seem a good idea to taxi on, approach or depart from a controlled airport in total silence.

Please, if anyone knows when a fix will be out, I would be most grateful for that information.

Tobago

Re: ATC issue still a problem

Postby Tobago » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:20 am

Hi Paul,

I had this very annoying ATC vanishing problem last January when I had been using P3D for only a few days.

I also had altitude problems at a few airports and struggled with this last issue for days, before I realised that one scenery add-on was wrongly installed and created a scenery priority mayhem... Relocating that scenery file where it belonged sorted the scenery altitude problems and... the ATC issue!

So I would recommend you go very carefully through your scenery list (do you have any ORBX?) and check if all priorities and files are where they should be, most likely your ATC will come back as a result of this cleanup.

To verify if one of your scenery add-on is the issue, if you have an old scenery.cfg file that was used when ATC was working correctly, you can reinstate it and see if the ATC issue disappears, if it does, then you have the answer.

Good luck!

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:29 am

Hello,

Did you try updating Prepar3D to v4.3?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

jef32

Postby jef32 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi

With the previous version, I had ATC window on my monitor but not in my Oculus.

Now it's worst: I havn't ATC windows at all ! Just if I switch on a no-VR mode, I have on the monitor but I switch on a VR mode, no ATC windows at all !
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

PaulD

Postby PaulD » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:24 pm

I was away for a few days, and now that v.4.3 is available, I'm hoping that solves the ATC problem. It's installing now.

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:29 am

Hello PaulD,

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler

PaulD

Re: ATC issue still a problem - v4.2

Postby PaulD » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:43 pm

It may not have been necessary (I thought the upgrade instructions were a bit ambiguous) but I did an uninstall prior to installing v.4.3. Anyway, I did get ATC back! However, all my add-on MegaScenery was gone. I started reloading it, just a couple of states to begin with, and then I found that the hat switch on my Saitek yoke wasn't working for view pan. I occasionally had that problem before, but with enough cursing eventually it would come back. This time I saw on the forum that other people have had a similar problem. Anyway, I did a "repair" and now the hat switch is working. If everything holds while over time I gradually reload my scenery, I'll be a happy aviator.

PaulD

Postby PaulD » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Dammit! I spoke too soon. the Hat switch worked only during one session. After exiting and then later reopening P3D it does not work. Therefore I cannot change my view. Not exactly a good way to fly. This is getting very frustrating. I hope I don't have to wait another 3 or 4 months for version 4.4 to fix this

Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Postby Brady Butler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Hello PaulD,

Thanks for the follow up! I'm going to mark the topic as resolved since the original issue is now fixed. Can you follow up with on an existing thread or new post about the Saitek issue please?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler

Return to “Other Support Questions”