Live weather program wanted for P3DV4

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
John York

Live weather program wanted for P3DV4

Post by John York »

Can anyone suggest a decent live weather program please?

Not HiFi AS16 please. It destroys my sim every time I've tried to use the beta version they have oput now.

Thanks.

John
CaseyRyback53

Re: Live weather program wanted for P3DV4

Post by CaseyRyback53 »

when did u last time checked Hifi website??? since 17th of july ASP4 is on Public Release. works great, even with ASCA together. AS2016 is just for P3Dv3.xxx, but if u own a AS2016 LicenseKey, u can switch to ASP4 for free.

https://hifisimtech.com/asp4-released/
NOX Hummer ZX Zero|Corsair RM750 Modular 80 Plus Gold|MSI Z390-A PRO|I7 9700K@8x5GHz|Corsair HydroH110V2|32Gb Venegeance XMP2.0 3.2Ghz|Zotac RTX 2060 AMP OC 6Gb Watercooled|CrucialP1 1Tb M.2|860 SSD 1Tb|860 SSD 500Gb|Windows 11 Pro
John York

Post by John York »

Sorry Casey. I've always wrongly called the P3DV4 version AS16. Don't know why but its the Hi Fi weather program for V4 that I've been trying to get both when it was beta and now since it is the released version. It simply kills my Sim' every time so I'm looking for an alternative.

John
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

What do you mean by "it kills your sim"? Maybe this is something that can be fixed?
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
John York

Post by John York »

Hi Casey,

What I mean is that when I load ASP4, my sim' gives the message that P3DV4 cannot open and Windows will try to fix the problem, which of course, they never do.

That means an uninstall and reinstall because 'repair' never sorts it. Having uninstalled I lose everything and when I reinstall I have to re-load all my scenery (and there's a lot of it), my aircraft and also reset all the controlls. It usually takes a week!

This is why I'm exasperated with Hi-Fi. Their Help and then Technical Departments having admitted they've got something wrong then had me doing stuff that I hardly understand and all they've done is made it worse....if it could get worse and once again its been uninstalling and re-installing.

The last install was of the P3DV4 full version, i.e. not the Beta.

So, the long and short of it is that I've lost patience with that product and am looking for a replacement.

John
CaseyRyback53

Post by CaseyRyback53 »

Let`s start from scratch, tell us about your PC specs and where is P3d installed? for expl check my specs in my signature....all runs amazing on my PC and it is for true not the newest one...

And after the latest hotfix i saved the p3d.cfg,the scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg...further i changed the location of the p3dv4 Addon folder and ORBX folder to a separate SSD, means p3d runs now on a 250SSD and all addons and scenery's are on a 1tb SSD. than i deleted the first P3D version and installed the new hotfixed release full version. all .cfg's back in place, a couple of easy adjustments and all was running nice. this took me around 5-6 hours. so much for a new install.

Back to your weather problem... please share your rigg setup first to give you some help, because maybe you will have same probs with an other weather engine , too.
NOX Hummer ZX Zero|Corsair RM750 Modular 80 Plus Gold|MSI Z390-A PRO|I7 9700K@8x5GHz|Corsair HydroH110V2|32Gb Venegeance XMP2.0 3.2Ghz|Zotac RTX 2060 AMP OC 6Gb Watercooled|CrucialP1 1Tb M.2|860 SSD 1Tb|860 SSD 500Gb|Windows 11 Pro
newfiepilot

Post by newfiepilot »

I've been using FSXWX 1.6.1. It isn't specifically written for v4 but it works just fine. Real time, sim time, or historical time available. It isn't fancy like the others but it does the job.
John York

Post by John York »

Hi Casey,
For what the information is worth my system specs are as follows:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
16.0 GB Ram
64-bit operating system, x 64-based processor.
Water cooled.
Discs installed: 500GB SSD 'C' disc with 2-3TB 'E' and 'F' hard drives.

The computer, 27" screen and all the bits and pieces excluding the printer are enclosed in a 4' high by 2'10" open backed desk cabinet.

To be honest, I can't really see how this information can be any of any use to you. When I was running the previous AS16 with P3DV3 it was no trouble whatsoever.

Neither HiFi Help or their Technical Dept having admitted with the Beta version there was something to be corrected but been able to solve the problem even with the full version which I've since purchased in the hope that a brand new download and installation would get it working without crashing P3DV4 but it hasn't mader the slightest difference.

After, opening TrackIR 5, then ASP4 with the flight details, I then open P3DV4 - within a minute or two I get the message that closes the simulator.

If then Using IOBit I uninstall AS4, I can then open P3DV4 but all my controls in it have to be reset and the addons re-installed. This has happened four times!

I think you can understand now why I'm looking for a different weather program Casey. I've looked at FSXWX newfiepilot as an alternative but, to be honest, couldn't for the life of me understand the instructions for installing it. It seemed so complicated that I decided not to chance it.

If the weather installed in P3DV4 produced anything like realism, I could find what the weather is where I'm flying and set it up using the tools provided but frankly, they fall far short of that.

John
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"To be honest, I can't really see how this information can be any of any use to you. When I was running the previous AS16 with P3DV3 it was no trouble whatsoever."

Just checking .. do you still have P3Dv3 and AS16 installed and running on your PC?

My initial thought ... if AS4P (P3Dv4 version) had problems you would see many replies to your post here.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
John York

Post by John York »

Hi Vaughan

'Just checking .. do you still have P3Dv3 and AS16 installed and running on your PC?'...No.

'if AS4P (P3Dv4 version) had problems you would see many replies to your post here.'... That's as may be but its not much help to me is it mate?!
MHargrove

Post by MHargrove »

Look at OpusFSI -- it has excellent weather injection.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
John York

Post by John York »

Couldn't find it Mark. In any case, from the 'blurbs' it is seemingly an FSX product so I doubt it'll be suitable for P3DV4.

John
CaseyRyback53

Post by CaseyRyback53 »

John York wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 am Couldn't find it Mark. In any case, from the 'blurbs' it is seemingly an FSX product so I doubt it'll be suitable for P3DV4.

John
What mean's you couldn't find it???
http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

OpusFSI Release Version 5.10.7 Available

Added a P3D4 program argument which at the moment is equivalent to the P3D and P3D34 arguments. The FSICLIENT start up program now processes the NONE argument to force 'No Connection' mode and activate the dotNet 4 P3DCLIENT.EXE client program...
John York

Post by John York »

I'll check out Opus. Thanks. But What on earth does all this mean?

'Added a P3D4 program argument which at the moment is equivalent to the P3D and P3D34 arguments. The FSICLIENT start up program now processes the NONE argument to force 'No Connection' mode and activate the dotNet 4 P3DCLIENT.EXE client program...'

John
CaseyRyback53

Post by CaseyRyback53 »

Well, if u use the link i posted and scroll down u would be able to read the whole release notes of this release for P3D v4, but if your technical understanding of theese things is to low, leave it and just use the software.....(sight):