something strange

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
JorgenSA

Re: something strange

Post by JorgenSA »

AI flight plans, no matter where they come from, have little to no impact on frame rates. The only effect you will see after installing AI is a longer initial simulator loading time, because of the way the AI aircraft are checked for duplicates - the simulator goes through every fltsim.x entry in every aircraft.cfg file to check for this.

The OP has an issue with a relatively low-powered CPU and complex add-ons, which will cause frame rate drops when flying over dense and complex terrain. That is why he needs to tailor his prepar3d.cfg to match his hardware configuration better (which is something ALL flight simulator users should do).

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Jorgen ,

My previous question was:

How many of these Add-ons do you have installed ? : REX, ASP3D, pmdg, fslabs ETC. while using AIG?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Which is totally irrelevant. I do not have the issue, the OP does. We need to focus on him.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ StevenSilva ,

Test without Alpha India Group traffic or default AI traffic.

Have you made any changes to default WIN10 sound setup?

Are you using a custom sound setup / sound drivers?
Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Since you do not have any AIG AI flight plans installed, then you might want to refrain from commenting about them.

Ai flight plans have very little, if any, impact on frame rates. I ought to know with over 10,300 plans installed.

Complex scenery, however, does have a huge impact, especially with a high resolution and/or LOD radius. The OP has a lot of this installed.

Jorgen

PS: What I have installed or not have installed has no bearing on the OP's issues.

Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ StevenSilva ,

Because you report 5 out of 15 flight have a problem I suspect you could have a Traffic or sound problem.

So, test without any traffic : No Alpha India Group traffic / No default P3D traffic.

Couple additional questions:
Have you made any changes to default WIN10 sound setup?

Are you using a custom sound setup / speakers / sound drivers?

Also you initially mentioned:
"but today it happened only with P3D and default plane with no weather or anything open. "
I do not know if that included no AI Traffic or not.

Anyway.
If no custom sound setup and the problem persists with no AI traffic in use then you could run through the General Debugging Steps or just do a full P3D Uninstall / Install and then test with a default P3D setup.

Here are some helpful links:

The General Debugging Steps are here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Checksum , verify it:
Downloading Problems. Confirming the MD5 Checksum (by poppet)
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=126465

Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676
Best Regards,
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Steve,

You should:

1. Look into overclocking your CPU (I can understand if you are reluctant to do that),

2. Go here: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... ation.html

3. And here: https://simmershome.de/prepare3d-v5-einstellungen/ (you can switch this to English)

To calculate the value to be used for AffinityMask, go here: https://www.gfsg.co.uk/affinitymask.asp ... m=utilties

What all this will do is to match your hardware configuration better to P3D, and to utilize your CPU better.

Jorgen

StevenSilva

Post by StevenSilva »

Thank you all for responding, I have all the AIG flight plans or well I think so. I always update this with the AIG application itself, I have not made any changes to the sound of the pc, the GPU and the CPU have not been overclocked. Is it because I have the traffic window open "ñ"? It is that this error occurs very occasionally to very little example. Today I fly without any problem, tomorrow also etcetera but already on Tuesday the error would pass and the only way to solve this is by closing and opening the P3D v5.2 again. I will try to make some rabbits that you mentioned here in the topic and I will tell you again how it goes until maybe I can have the error and be able to publish it here. Thanks again for the answers, I'll be back
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

StevenSilva wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:38 pm Thank you all for responding, I have all the AIG flight plans or well I think so. I always update this with the AIG application itself, I have not made any changes to the sound of the pc, the GPU and the CPU have not been overclocked. Is it because I have the traffic window open "ñ"? It is that this error occurs very occasionally to very little example. Today I fly without any problem, tomorrow also etcetera but already on Tuesday the error would pass and the only way to solve this is by closing and opening the P3D v5.2 again. I will try to make some rabbits that you mentioned here in the topic and I will tell you again how it goes until maybe I can have the error and be able to publish it here. Thanks again for the answers, I'll be back
@ StevenSilva ,

I need some more information.

You mentioned:
“Is it because I have the traffic window open "ñ"?
It is that this error occurs very occasionally to very little example. “

This was not mentioned in your first post.

I assume this is when you have the problem, correct?

Which traffic window is open "ñ"?

How do you open it?

Can you get a screenshot or do a short video of the traffic window problem?
Best Regards,
StevenSilva

Post by StevenSilva »

“Is it because I have the traffic window open "ñ"?
It is that this error occurs very occasionally to very little example. “

the key "ñ" in my case opens the window of the ATC menu default of the P3D, I really do not like to fly in line with other pilots and atc controllers (I have enough with my work as a pilot), that's correct that was the only thing I missed mentioning at the beginning, sorry and I always use the ATC menu of the P3D

"I assume this is when you have the problem, correct?"

I thought the same, but the day I published this problem I did not use the ATC menu of the P3D at all

NOTE: I have added to Prepar3D.cfg the [JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask = 14

I didn't have this line and I just added it and it makes the simulator reproduce my problem more often when I change cameras.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Steve, the value for AffinityMask you have is not correct for your CPU. You said earlier it is an i7-8700K, so:

without Hyperthreading on it should be:

AffinityMask=62

and with Hyperthreading on it should be:

AffinityMask=4092

Jorgen

StevenSilva

Post by StevenSilva »

If I make a mistake and thanks for giving me the values ​​for the AffinityMask now to test how this goes, I will soon say how my mistake goes.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

You set Hyperthreading on or off in the BIOS of your motherboard as required.

From what I have read in threads here and on AVSIM, the current trend seems to be that Hyperthreading should be off.

Jorgen

StevenSilva

Post by StevenSilva »

JorgeSA
Well I'm testing with the configuration but with Affinity Mask it is giving me frame drops I will try to test with Affinity in OFF how it goes