P3D V4 Not Opening

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
neptun3ium

P3D V4 Not Opening

Post by neptun3ium »

I landed on my destination and took a 4 hour break, the flight was perfectly normal and P3D was smooth. When I came back to open P3D, the title screen came up normally (the first thing you see once you open P3D) and as usual, gave me a scenery.cfg file for a scenery I downloaded and asked if I wanted to unload it, I clicked yes as it was now a normal thing to do.

Then, there was nothing, ChasePlane opened up, but P3D wasn't in my window. Funny thing is, it's running in the task manager background, but I can't just open the main menu.

I tried searching up to the forums, I tried to move and delete the dll.xml files, restarted my PC 4 times, and using the fix feature, none of which resulted in anything. Do I have to reinstall the sim or is there any other way, because reinstalling it would take a long time, not including moving back my addons which will take a longer time, as most of them has been helped by my friends, and I just don't see the point of reinstalling to only find out that I had to delete something.

I'm really not a computer-geek guy, so I'm really sorry if I ask many questions

Thanks.
Jhavrile

Re: P3D V4 Not Opening

Post by Jhavrile »

I have same issue, went to use PD3V4.5 and it started to start but acted like it was try to download something and then crashed and is running in the background. only way to stop it is going to task manager and hitting end task. can anyone help????
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Jhavrile wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:42 pm I have same issue, went to use PD3V4.5 and it started to start but acted like it was try to download something and then crashed and is running in the background. only way to stop it is going to task manager and hitting end task. can anyone help????
@ Jhavrile ,

Did you have this problem previously (e.g., several times) since installing P3D?

Power off your PC, wait one minute,power it up and test again.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Jhavrile

Post by Jhavrile »

no just happened today, i don't know if nivdia did a driver automatic update and PD3 didn't like it. or what ...last used PD3 back on the 13th but never had this issue. I haven't added any new software planes, scenery or anything. really don't understand
Jhavrile

Post by Jhavrile »

I did shut it down for a while and restarted it, didn’t help…took a video of what it was doing and it says loading scenery objects then it says loading complete 100% then it acts like it crashes but if you go to the task manager it shows it running in the back ground, so I am assuming its a video card issue, going to go and do a restore point from a point last week and see if that helps
neptun3ium

Post by neptun3ium »

Martyson wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:51 pm
Jhavrile wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:42 pm I have same issue, went to use PD3V4.5 and it started to start but acted like it was try to download something and then crashed and is running in the background. only way to stop it is going to task manager and hitting end task. can anyone help????
@ Jhavrile ,

Did you have this problem previously (e.g., several times) since installing P3D?

Nope, this is the first time. I have tried shutting down my PC several times but it lead to nothing.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

neptun3ium wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:46 pm
Martyson wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:51 pm
@ Jhavrile ,

Nope, this is the first time. I have tried shutting down my PC several times but it lead to nothing.
@ neptun3ium ,

The General Debugging Steps are here:.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
acrossno

Post by acrossno »

Following. I have a similar issue. But really strange and frustrating. P3D4.5.

It started 2 weekends ago when suddenly but randomly the opening interface kept having disappearing buttons. Like, you'd hover your mouse over one of the buttons to, for example, change vehicle. As soon as you moved your mouse, the button would disappear and only reappear if you hovered your mouse over where it used to be prior to disappearing. Very strange, not one thing online or in this forum about it. But I didn't think too much of it because I know where the buttons on the opening interface are and once I started an actual flight and launched the actual simulator, it worked just fine. No issues or crashes and I was actually able to fly three different Trans Atlantic flights this past weekend.

Then yesterday I was getting the "Operating System isnt currently configured to run this application" out of absolute nowhere. WTF! Tried to make sure Windows updates were current and they were. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the client, no change. I read some fourms about this same error and a lot of folks said it tied back to Microsoft 365. So I tried uninstalling that, but also ran into errors. I ended up downloading a removal tool my buddy uses and got it completely off of my machine. Once I did that, I no longer got the "Operating System isnt currently configured to run this application" error. But instead now my P3D loads and upon loading immediately tries to launch a scenario. For a split second you can see that loading popup that says "Loading Scenario" with the progress bar. That quickly disappears and I then get a black screen with no sound at all. When I click on the black screen I get a P3D audible reaction but nothing else. I have to hit the esc key, which brings up a menu, and select the "exit P3D" option. I've never seen that menu before in any scenario when flying.

I really hope someone call tell us what's going on.
acrossno

Post by acrossno »

Oh yeah, and those debugging steps didn't work either. Same issue.
neptun3ium

Post by neptun3ium »

Following some information I forgot to put

Hardware: 16 GB RAM, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA Video Processor
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

please tell me if im missing any
neptun3ium

Post by neptun3ium »

FOLLOW UP: I got the solution, check this forum if you're having the same problem: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5296 ... -solution/

Cheers and thanks for all of your help!
Jhavrile

Post by Jhavrile »

This worked, awesome thank goodness, I appreciate the help
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

acrossno wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:24 am Oh yeah, and those debugging steps didn't work either. Same issue.
@ acrossno ,

You did not mention doing and supplying information requested in the general debugging steps 5, 6 and 7.
Best Regards,
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

neptun3ium wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:36 am FOLLOW UP: I got the solution, check this forum if you're having the same problem: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5296 ... -solution/

Cheers and thanks for all of your help!
@ neptun3ium,

You are welcome.

The AVSIM post was from January 20, 2018.

Nothing new in that post.

The P3D General Debugging Steps has had the same resolution step since 10 Jan 2017.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
makoyCONC

Post by makoyCONC »

thank you very much....my sim started to go nuts after my microsoft update...and after i installed a few scenery from avsim. But it is fixed now...you just saved my sanity.