P3D v4 update issue

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
dimijet

P3D v4 update issue

Postby dimijet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello,

Being a P3D user for some time now, I have been experiencing some very annoying issues since v4.5 update.
My P3D v4.4 was running fine on my computer but since I updated to 4.5 I simply can't use the software:
My add-on planes that worked perfectly with the previous version have suddenly become unflyable. This consists in very slow response with every command, view change and it happens exactly the same way with my Aerosoft Airbus and PMDG Boeing aircraft. After spending hours of research on various forums and uninstalling all my add-ons I still have no clue to what can cause this problem. I am just upset that I can't use my P3D and haven't been able to fly for several weeks now.
In a last effort to save the situation, I want to revert to an earlier version of P3D v4 when everything was working fine.
Unfortunately the P3D site only gives me access to the latest version which is 4.5. So my question is very simple:

How do I get a copy of P3D v4.4 installer on this site ? I was fool enough not to keep my earlier saved copy when updating to 4.5 ...

Many thanks in advance for your help. Best rgds

JorgenSA

Re: P3D v4 update issue

Postby JorgenSA » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 am

How did you do the upgrade?

The simple way of doing it would have been just to uninstall the v. 4.4 client only, and then install the v. 4.5 client only. I did it that way myself, and it actually works.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

dimijet

Postby dimijet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:14 am

I did a new install from scrap after removing all components and any P3D related third party software.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:42 am

@ dimijet ,

"After spending hours of research on various forums and uninstalling all my add-ons I still have no clue to what can cause this problem."

This is what I use:
Uninstalling/Deactivating Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=125187

Downloading and Installing Prepar3D:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=120676

Then I test P3D with default aircraft before installing any Add-ons that have been approved by the developer.

P3Dv4.5 HF3 runs PMDG and all my Add-ons just fine.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Other Support Questions”