How do you get a NORMAL front view?

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
simran737

How do you get a NORMAL front view?

Postby simran737 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi, I have P3D v4 with a generic 737 model.

It seems that all this time I have been flying with the zoom back on all the way, but did not notice that until somehow I hit Backspace and it went into zoom default?? Now the perception thing of speed is gone. Its like I am going 20 kts at takeoff even though speed is like 124 kts.

How do I set/know NORMAL front view? I know there is zoom, eyepoint and panning and such, but how does one get to the DEFAULT front outside view?

Thanks

Martyson

Re: How do you get a NORMAL front view?

Postby Martyson » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

simran737

Postby simran737 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi,
I was playing around with graphics settings and see this widescreen view thing. I did put it on and it seems to widen the front view. Its says to use with a wide screen/monitor? What does it actually do different from normal front views??

I have put the front view back to normal or Backspace key. I did not think it was right to zoom backwards so speed perception is really fast.

THanks

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi,
I was playing around with graphics settings and see this widescreen view thing. I did put it on and it seems to widen the front view. Its says to use with a wide screen/monitor? What does it actually do different from normal front views??

I have put the front view back to normal or Backspace key. I did not think it was right to zoom backwards so speed perception is really fast.

THanks
Do you still have the same problem(s) / custom 3 screen setup you mentioned here?:
viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=135847&p=207439#p207439

What are your full PC system specs (hardware, monitors, software in use)?

Is your PC a home built PC or a store name brand?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

simran737

Postby simran737 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:25 pm

I have not yet gotten to the 2 side monitors, but have tested the Camera set ups and made some right and left saved front/side views to drag later.

As for my front speeding up zoom thing. I just reloaded my 737 and have just the default front view and raised first my eyepoint so I am not hugging the runway, then I have been playing with the Widescreen icon in Graphics and I like its affect. So of like the zooming back, but more normal of a just wider view. Funny, I might just be so use to the speed that I use to get when in full back zoom when taking off, that now with "normal" view it seems a tad slower but it is prob just what pilots see. I might zoom sometimes back a tad but the default seems to work. I am doing the right thing? If I did not use Widescreen, then it really looks funny to me as if I have zoomed forwarded a lot????

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:29 pm

I have not yet gotten to the 2 side monitors, but have tested the Camera set ups and made some right and left saved front/side views to drag later.

As for my front speeding up zoom thing. I just reloaded my 737 and have just the default front view and raised first my eyepoint so I am not hugging the runway, then I have been playing with the Widescreen icon in Graphics and I like its affect. So of like the zooming back, but more normal of a just wider view. Funny, I might just be so use to the speed that I use to get when in full back zoom when taking off, that now with "normal" view it seems a tad slower but it is prob just what pilots see. I might zoom sometimes back a tad but the default seems to work. I am doing the right thing? If I did not use Widescreen, then it really looks funny to me as if I have zoomed forwarded a lot????
What are your full PC system specs (hardware, monitors, software in use)?

Is your PC a home built PC or a store name brand?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Other Support Questions”