downloading p3d v5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
tucanto

downloading p3d v5

Post by tucanto »

Trying to download P3D v5 the zip file shows downloading with the time remaining (about 9hours) it gets to
about 6 hours and then just stops an looks as if it is complete but when I look at the file in my downloads it
is empty ? My Internet connection has not stopped , I have unlimited download availability plenty of space in
my drives. I have tried 3 times to download never had this problem before. Surely the problem lies with the P3D
Website ??
JorgenSA

Re: downloading p3d v5

Post by JorgenSA »

From where I am in Northern Germany, I can download the whole thing in between 22 and 25 minutes.

This is consistent. Not a website issue.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
tucanto

Re: downloading p3d v5

Post by tucanto »

OK I downloaded each individual file and then installed went in ok, but immediately C.T.D. after loading.
Looked again at forum and saw references to Nvidea driver causing problems, so I back dated to earlier
driver. problem solved now P3D V5.1 running.