One computer, but TWO P3D licences??

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
mac@bath

One computer, but TWO P3D licences??

Postby mac@bath » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:32 pm

Hi Guys,
Currently a VERY happy (licensed!) veteran owner of P3Dv2....(plus FSX and X-Plane!).... with multiple add-ons.
However, it is all getting lethargic and so I have just bought a new (i9) 'puter.
I plan to now (again, happily) purchase a new/second Academic licence for the new P3Dv4.5 64-bit version.
MY QUESTION......
Can I also retain my earlier (v2/32-bit) version? PLUS install v4 - on the same drive?
My plan is (was??) to retain my v2 .....plus the large library of compatible "objects" from FSX (which include a selection of primarily WW1/WW2 vintage aircraft) ...... and to then - ADDITIONALLY - newly install my NEW (v4) P3D with only it's existing/default (modern+complex) aircraft.
If this is feasible, then when completed, I would simply dispose of my older machine (I don't have the desk-space, controllers, or power sockets(!!) etc to retain two computers!
I trust that you will be able to advise me about this plan.
Mac@Bath

RRVyper

Re: One computer, but TWO P3D licences??

Postby RRVyper » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:00 pm

Yes. They will play nicely. I still have v3 installed, although it doesn't get much use these days.

Randy

Edit: make sure you uninstall/deactivate the P3D Client before making major computer hardware changes.

Spencer Nelson
Lockheed Martin

Postby Spencer Nelson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:50 am

Hey Randy,

Yes, any major versions of Prepar3D can coexist on the same computer; however, you cannot install minor versions (v4.x and v4.y) on the same computer.

This information was pulled from our FAQ page found here:
https://prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Thanks,
Spencer

mac@bath

Postby mac@bath » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Thank you - BOTH - for your rapid response.
I appreciate your advice.
Mac

Return to “Prepar3D Website and Download Questions”