Microsoft.NET Framework-Unhandled Exception

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
thosdcks89

Microsoft.NET Framework-Unhandled Exception

Postby thosdcks89 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:28 pm

This message is intended for the Technical Support Team. My name is Thomas Dickerson, and I have been a P3D End-User since P3DV1. On my Power Spec Desktop PC I am running Windows 10 Pro, and have a plethora of planes installed, in addition to Chase Plane, Orbx Central, Nvidia GTX 1600 (6GB RAM) 16GB of onboard RAM an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU with 3.6 GHz, Bit Defender anti-virus.

The issue I am having appears to be a Microsoft problem. As long as I click on “Continue”, the problem goes away, and I can run P3D without any issues, but the ERROR rears it’s ugly head every time I startup P3D. I do not understand why the error is happening, and thought the Technical Support Team should be made aware of this issue. I don’t know how many other Users are experiencing this problem. Following is the complete error message:

Microsoft.NET Framework:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Key not valid for use in specified state.

There is a button for “Details”, and one for “Continue”, and lastly, a “Quit” button.
When you click on “Details,” the following message is displayed:

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT)
Debugging Instead of this dialog box.

**************Exception Text *********************
System Security Cryptography. Cryptographic Exception: Key not valid for use in specific

At System Security Cryptography.ProtectedData.Unprotected(Byte[] encrypted Data.B
At (grnirtS).
At mD_}c\*p}VuYB<4\[K0\8”y!zZ\..K,\\\[%ZZ0z1mc::kkS0PV”nPHs$.MoveNext0—End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --

JorgenSA

Re: Microsoft.NET Framework-Unhandled Exception

Postby JorgenSA » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:26 am

First question first:

Have you checked with Microsoft and downloaded all you could find regarding the .NET Framework, both the x86 and the x64 versions, and installed same? Then run Windows Update with, under Advanced options, the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" turned On?

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Return to “Prepar3D Website and Download Questions”