No traffic in prepar3d v2 anymore

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:52 am

I am very unhappy and need help badly.

Everything was running just fine. I purchased a new PC with SSDs and installed Prepar3d v2. I said goodbye to FSX (didn't install FSX anymore).

My Prepar3d v2 was purring like a kitten with most graphic settings set to high or ultra on my overclocked new I7-4820k processor at 39°C!

I have never enjoyed this experience before. Even at highend Airports like FrankfurtX or Heathrow I fly with at least 20 FPS in heavy traffic in an amazing real surrounding.

Then I began to transfer my FSX products to prepar3d v2.

I didn't check on every scenery I installed. And now after installing many sceneries I suddenly discovered to my grief that I have lost all ai traffic. How could that be?

I don't have any traffic anymore! And I don't know how to get this fixed.

P.S. Two things I have noticed:

1) In the Prepar3d.cfg the IFROnly=0 seems to be correct.

2) In the scenery/world/scenery Folder there is a file named "TrafficAircraft._bgl". Is that underscore between the dot and "bgl" correct? Shouldn't it be: "TrafficAircraft.bgl"?

I changed it and even renamed it - but it didn't seem to make any difference. Ai-traffic is still gone.

Can anyone help me back to happiness and give me a hint on what to do? Would really appreciate that! :(

Robert

lionheart

Postby lionheart » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am

Sounds like you brought something into the sim platform that shut down your traffic. Unfortunately only you will be able to find it. What if you reinstalled, then one by one brought things back in and 'tested' each time you brought things over, so you could backstep and repair it?

Do you think it might have been an installer for AI traffic that did this? If so, perhaps contacting them might help you discover what went wrong.

Just some ideas...

Tranceshark

Postby Tranceshark » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:33 am

Are you using trafficx or traffic360 from justflight? Or another ai traffic software?

For those products it is common to rename the trafficaircraft.bgl - they keep the "original" traffic file intact by renaming it to ._bgl and create a new .bgl with a different name like e.g. Summer_flightplan2012.bgl or a name of your choice. Some of these will require you to rename the other ai-traffic bgls because they interfere with the ai routines, hence no traffic at all. Try to find and deactivate any other ai traffic generating bgl file.

e.g. Aerosofts MaldivesX brings a traffic file for float twin otters to populate the Male Seaplane Base, which is not part of the stock airports and therefore not having ai traffic. That needs to be renamed to not be recognized by the simulator e.g. ._bgl to work.

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Thx guys...I am checking on this.

Could you tell me where the original traffic file which Prepar3d v2 uses when it is first installed is located?

That would help!

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Yes I did try Traffic 360, but then uninstalled it again since they said it wasn't truly compatible for Prepar3d v2.

...actually I do hear ATC going on. So there seems to be ai traffic taking place, It's just that I don't see any visual planes whatsoever at the Airports or in the skies.

Maybe that will help locate the Problem.

flying-w

Postby flying-w » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Can you get a list when you right click the main window and choose "Air Traffic"?

Simon

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Yes...quite a few planes are shown in the list and I can jump to there position!

flying-w

Postby flying-w » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Right, but you can't see the model? Question is, if you have uninstalled Traffic 360 just what is it that is providing you with AI aircraft? I've not tried Traffic 360 in P3D, but FWIW I have MyTrafficX working.

Simon

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 pm

No...I can see the planes and use them!

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:29 pm

I imagine Prepar3d is Managing ai but somehow can't show the planes any more.

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Funny though....only small aircraft, but no big passenger platforms.

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:35 pm

This really hurts and I am on the verge of reinstalling everything.

I have spent many hours setting my system up - and now this.

It's probably something stupid like a bad bgl or similar.

flying-w

Postby flying-w » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Once again, which AI are you using? Default P3D?

Consider a backup program like Acronis TrueImage. It has saved my bacon on a number of occasions when changes went South.

Simon

JimboG

Postby JimboG » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 am

Hi there,

@earnorbust - I think I can get you a workaround that will save you a re-install.

I bought and tried out Traffic 360 from JustFlight the other day and although it seemed to install without issue I can't get it to generate any AI traffic whatsoever in P3D V2, nor are things like the "Spotty" vehicle available. I have un-installed and re-installed it a few times now.

I also had the problem of once removed, I could not get any commercial AI traffic to kick back in.

After reading this thread I had a closer look and was able to resolve the problem:

1.) Uninstall Traffic 360 - it is not ready for P3D V2 yet.

2.) Reboot as per the uninstaller request.

3.) Go to your P3D V2 install directory and look for:

C:\Prepar3d\JustFlight - delete this directory - check that inside of it you only have remnants of any saved Traffic 360 configuration. (Assuming you have not installed any other add-ons from JustFlight, or else look for "Traffic 360" in this folder.)

4.) Go to your P3D V2 install directory and look for:

C:\Prepar3d\scenery\World\scenery - delete any saved Traffic 360.bgl file(s) that you may have created/saved when it was installed. Rename TrafficAircraft._bgl to TrafficAircraft.bgl

Restart P3D V2 and you should see it re-building your scenery database (which means it is reverting back to your previous default traffic settings)

Sorted!

I have confirmed that immediately I was able to see loads of AI traffic at two different airports (default Langley and custom Gatwick) with the setting for commercial traffic being at 100%.

I have a support ticket open but no response from JustFlight as yet about the official statement of compatibility of Traffic 360 with P3D V2, so for now I will sit tight. I don't mind waiting if they intend to support the new platform with an update but failing that I will request a refund and look at an alternative product that will work and be supported in P3D V2.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

James

earnorbust

Postby earnorbust » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:35 am

Yeah, I can confirm that, and it is the same with "MyTraffic" products. Hands off until they have official tested updates ready (April 2014).

Thanks Jimbo: I wish I had received your expertise a few days ago. It would have saved me from uninstalling my complete Prepar3dv2 System, because I couldn't get Standard ai running again! ...grhhh

the best...

Robert

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”