Simconnect not working

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
W_Prytz

Simconnect not working

Post by W_Prytz »

Hello,

Loaded up the sim for the first time this week, and now noticed that none of my simconnect dependant addons are working. So far I've noticed that both chaseplane and V-pilot are unable to connect to the sim. From V-pilot i recieve the message, "...Please ensure flight is loaded". And chaseplane won't connect since it doesnt register the sim as running, in the bottom of the Chaseplane UI, it says "Start your simulator and load a flight to use Chaseplane". So I'm quite sure it's a Simconnect issue. I didnt use my computer for a week and now the sim is not working properly, I didn't change or alter anything, the problem just "spawned".

The flight is fully loaded.

Both Chaseplane and V-pilot are fully updated.

Please lmk if i should post any logs and where I can find them.

I've tried reinstalling the SDK, and all SimConnect.msi files, but to no avail,

Thankful for any ideas,

Wilhelm
JorgenSA

Re: Simconnect not working

Post by JorgenSA »

In my P3D installation, at least, the SimConnect.cfg file is located here:

H:\P3D V5\SDK\config\SimConnect

No such file on the whole of my C: drive.

But, apart from that location, welcome on board - and thanks for an an interesting idea!

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.