Loading 'saved' flights (not working)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
WSox21

Loading 'saved' flights (not working)

Post by WSox21 »

Hi,

I like the feature that allows loading a saved flight but I am not sure I understand how it works. When I am at the gate / on the runway / in flight, I may select 'Scenario' > then 'Save', to allow the sim to save a flight at a specific point in time. If close the sim and restart it, after I select the saved file from the Prepar3D main screen (by date and time), the sim 'appears' to start loading that saved files, but then crashes and closes. I can actually hear the APU of the aircraft running but cannot load any saved file all the way to the end and I wonder if I am doing something wrong as I save, or perhaps as I try to load. I have a few saved files, none of them seems to want to load. Any help?
Martyson

Re: Loading 'saved' flights (not working)

Post by Martyson »

WSox21 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:22 am Hi,

I like the feature that allows loading a saved flight but I am not sure I understand how it works. When I am at the gate / on the runway / in flight, I may select 'Scenario' > then 'Save', to allow the sim to save a flight at a specific point in time. If close the sim and restart it, after I select the saved file from the Prepar3D main screen (by date and time), the sim 'appears' to start loading that saved files, but then crashes and closes. I can actually hear the APU of the aircraft running but cannot load any saved file all the way to the end and I wonder if I am doing something wrong as I save, or perhaps as I try to load. I have a few saved files, none of them seems to want to load. Any help?
@ WSox21 ,

Which aircraft?

Did you try saving / loading with a P3D default aircraft ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

Hi there. This is happening with the Majestic Dash 8 - Q400. I have not tried this 'save' / 'load' feature with any of the stock aircraft. I love the feature guys, I hope you can help me. Please let me know your thoughts about why I may be struggling with this feature with the Dash 8 .... thanks so much.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

WSox21 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:32 pm Hi there. This is happening with the Majestic Dash 8 - Q400. I have not tried this 'save' / 'load' feature with any of the stock aircraft. I love the feature guys, I hope you can help me. Please let me know your thoughts about why I may be struggling with this feature with the Dash 8 .... thanks so much.
@ WSox21 ,

If you purchased the Majestic Dash 8 - Q400 PRO Edition you should be good to go saving Panel States and flights.

Which P3D product and version number xxxyyyx are you using?

To try to isolate what is causing the crash
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the

Faulting Module Name

example:
Best Regards,
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

Hey Martyson,

Please see details, below, from 3 'Error' events and 1 'Warning' event that I was able to find in my Event Viewer, from yesterday.

Event I
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.2.22.27615, time stamp: 0x60db69bf
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp: 0x4f115fac
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199
Faulting process id: 0x2f78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7b2539e3eeca9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 093a355a-7604-4494-9e92-6773e5f71036
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event II
Windows cannot load the extensible counter DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmain.dll" (Win32 error code The specified module could not be found.).

Event III
The program Prepar3D.exe version 5.2.22.27615 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2ca4
Start Time: 01d7b1c504f6c047
Termination Time: 71
Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: 6087878e-d55e-4bd1-b369-aa41db31250c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Event IV - This was reported as a "Warning", not as en "Error"
Unable to open the job object \BaseNamedObjects\WmiProviderSubSystemHostJob for query access. The calling process may not have permission to open this job. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ WSox21 ,

Quick check to verify a P3D default situation can be loaded without an error.

Start P3D
Load
Missing Coworker

Note:
Did you purchase the Majestic Dash 8 - Q400
PRO Edition?
Best Regards,
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

Yes, I purchased the PRO edition 64 BIT. I was able to load the Missing Co-worker scenario. Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago, I was able to load a 'saved' event w/the Dash 8, but only as long as I did not exit the sim. Once I exited the sim, I could no longer load the same event.
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

Please, let me know about the PRO edition of the Dash 8, at least I have an answer, one way of the other. Many thanks guys.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

WSox21 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:18 pm Yes, I purchased the PRO edition 64 BIT. I was able to load the Missing Co-worker scenario. Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago, I was able to load a 'saved' event w/the Dash 8, but only as long as I did not exit the sim. Once I exited the sim, I could no longer load the same event.
@ WSox21 ,

I mentioned the PRO version because that is the version I purchased and it worked ok.

Sounds like something changed on your setup since it worked a couple of weeks ago.
Best Regards,
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

ok, but did the Error reports I submitted indicate what the issue might be? Or no...?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

WSox21 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:50 pm ok, but did the Error reports I submitted indicate what the issue might be? Or no...?
@WSox21 ,

No.

I was looking for :
Faulting Module Name

Keep watching the Event viewer.
Best Regards,
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

If a module name error was not found in the reports that I have submitted, and this keeps happening, then it's an issue that needs to be fixed by LM. Non sense i having a feature that just does not work, or that only works for some but not all AC. The system seems to be just unstable and in need of further work. I have never had this issue with P3D v4.

Are you sure, for example, that this is not the same issue w/Direct X 12 that causes so many crashes when you use Chase Plane? It sounds like it. But what is being done to make P3RD v5 stable and fully functional? Other sim platforms do not cause any of these issues for me, no crashes or missed 'loads'. I like P3D but these are HUGE issues of stability for the cost of the sim.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I am not aware of any other pilots reporting the problem in this forum.

Have you checked with Majestic Dash 8 - Q400 support ?

Best to start a new topic for each problem.
Best Regards,
WSox21

Post by WSox21 »

I did check w/Majestic and they directed me to LM. For the Chase Plane issue also, I was directed to LM. Everyone directs me to LM. I think we can agree that the problem is with LM. I am not sure how Majestic can possibly resolve the crashes with the LM's platform?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

WSox21 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:11 am I did check w/Majestic and they directed me to LM. For the Chase Plane issue also, I was directed to LM. Everyone directs me to LM. I think we can agree that the problem is with LM. I am not sure how Majestic can possibly resolve the crashes with the LM's platform?
Did Majestic support tell you they are not having the problem you are reporting on their P3D version (their testing) which is the same version you are using?

Or did Majestic support confirm they are having the same problem you are reporting?

Note:
Did you try saving / loading with a P3D default aircraft yet?
Best Regards,