Performance (FPS) degradation

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
MoBu86

Performance (FPS) degradation

Post by MoBu86 »

Hello,

I made the following observation over the last couple of weeks. I can't really say if this has been the case with P3Dv5.1 but I am experiencing it in 5.2. Whenever I fly from A to B the performance (FPS as KPI) is sometimes up to 20% worse than when I only take off and land at B.

Here are just two examples but I am actually observing it on every flight:

Example 1:
Flight from KSEA to KBUR landing at RWY15 -> 32-33 FPS
From KBUR to KBUR landing at RWY15 -> 38-40 FPS

Example 2:
Flight from KBOS to KMIA landing at RWY12 -> 31-33 FPS
From KMIA to KMIA landing at RWY12 -> 40 FPS
At Gate F18 after a flight from KBOS 30 FPS
At Gate F18 new scenario 39 FPS

I9-9900 @4,6ghz, RTX3080, 32GB RAM, CPU and GPU loads with my P3D setting are below 50% and temps at maximum 60C for both GPU and CPU, Hyper Threading turned off.
Medium to high settings in P3D (High Resolution Textures off) with a 60hz monitor and V-Sync turned on in P3D (-> FPS capped at 60)
Addons used during the tests: PMDG NGXU and FSLabs, Active Sky, Orbx Global, Orbx Scenery KBUR, Latin VFR KMIA
Fresh install after HF2 came out. P3D installed on a separate hard drive (not C). Exclusions added for Windows Defender.

Looking at my hardware, harwardare utilization, settings, the installation as well as the different test scenarios (different 3rd party aircraft and scenery) I conlude that is must has to do with P3D itself.

Is anybody experiencing the same? What is the reason for it?

Cheers
Moritz