Can't Init SimConnect - error code 0x80004005

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
frostnova

Can't Init SimConnect - error code 0x80004005

Post by frostnova »

Hello People,

After running P3dv5 on my C-Drive for one year, I decided to expand my computer with another SSD-Drive. (I named it "E").
It is supposed to be my drive for P3d and additional software for it.
So everything went fine and it is perfectly useable after building it in.
Then I deinstalled my P3d on my C-Drive after I saved my relevant data. And yes, it was a clean deinstall with all the hidden folders in the system.
Also deinstalled all the addons. After that I downloaded P3dv5 fresh from the website, installed it to my E-Drive an activated it. Fine so far. But then I installed my previous addons. Started with GSX by FSDreamteam. Installation no problem, but since this point everytime I start P3d I get the error message "Can't Init SimConnect - error code 0x80004005". For sure googled it and spent my last two days figuring out how to solve it, since this is a well known problem. I think i did everything.

- Removing and reinstalling the four Simconnect packages from E:\Programme\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface
- Checking the Microsoft C++ Redistributable Versions and Updates
- Checking the Simconnect files in C:\Windows\WinSxS. Everything seems okay.
- Reinstalling GSX/Addon-Manager multiple times.
- Reinstalling SODE and FSUIPC
- Checking the registry for old stuff from my old P3d version.

When deinstalling GSX the error dissappears, but other addons for example FS Global Real Weather dont work neither. So I think it is definitely a simconnect problem.
In some threads I could read that after setting up windows new, the problem is gone. But that should be the last thing I will try.
I hope someone has another idea? Because I dont want to set my whole system up new, just because a piece of software of a program isn't working properly.

Greetings from Germany
Christian