DXGI Hung device error - GTX 1080 - still

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
MaexliBaexli

Re: DXGI Hung device error - GTX 1080 - still

Post by MaexliBaexli »

I also changed to 5.2 in the last two days. With my setup (7 Monitors) i always go to fullscreen mode with 3 Monitors for external view and 4 Monitors for displaying panels. With 5.2 the ALT+ENTER gave me the same error as published here.

Workaround: Go to P3D\HTML5 / AppMenu.html / RENAME this so the old style is back again and no more crashes!

Moreover I also disabled Primary Info Text and Other Text Settings.

Waiting for the HF :-)

Greets,
Markus
comeup101

Post by comeup101 »

It would be nice if Lockheed Martin would at least comment on the issue and let us know if their looking into it, this has been going on for a while now! I do appreciate the simmers on the forums that always try to help, if it wasn't for them I would have given up on P3d all together.... I've tried 3 times to fly from Boston-San Francisco and about a hour or two into the flight I receive the HUNG message without VR.

My system consist of

(i7 4790, 1080Ti, 32Gb ram DDR3, 2TB SSD) Runs perfect until HUNG message...

I am not running from the C Drive which is also a SSD I prefer to keep my sim separate from everything else and never in the past had issues with doing so. I totally uninstalled old version of p3d and did a clean install of 5.2 and installed PMDG 737, 747, 777 and Aerosoft Airbus 318,319,320 and 321.

Maybe the issue is with third party airplanes not sure but I've been having this issue for over a year now ever since 5.1 came out. Funny thing before installing 5.2 sometimes I could do a 15 hour flight without any issues at from time to time it was occasional. Since installing 5.2 its happened 3 times in a row.

I'm not investing into a new system unless I absolutely know for sure this Issue will not arise. I hear all the hype about MSFS and I have it installed on another hard drive and its cool with great scenery over the cities but the overall emersion IMO does not compare to Prepared I just wish Prepared would have more frequent updates to resolve issues, I'm no technician but I do like that MSFS comes out with updates monthly. They hear the complaints and tries to resolve issues quickly and it feels like Lockheed Martin fixes a lot issues with 1 or 2 updates per year.

Anyway, I will continue to seek a resolution to the Issue.

Blake
EVGA Classified Z690, Intel I5-13600k, Vengeance 32GB 5600, MSI 4070ti, EVGA 1000w, X56 Rhino Controllers, Logitech Z625 speakers, Alienware OLED 34 3440*1440, Samsung 2TB 980 Pro M.2, WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 and Samsung EVO 860 2TB SATA

Blake Lewis
MaexliBaexli

Post by MaexliBaexli »

Blake I got rid of DXGI Hung Device Error in v5.1 with activating Debug Mode (on Nvidia Control Panel)...

You can even try to disable HTML5 AppMenu like i did...with the new style active i got these crashes on 5.2.

And LM is working on a HF, that is confirmed.

Greets,
Markus
vvince

Post by vvince »

I have the same issue from time to time : DXGI Hung device error.
I have a Oculus Rift S a RTX3090 and the graphics crash when exiting VR.
P3D itself does not crash, but just displays a black screen…
I use single pass, Steam VR.
It is not systematic, so troubleshooting is not easy.
aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

After several days of problem free operation I am once again receiving the DXGI_HUNG_DEVICE Error. It appears than none of the alterations I made to the sim made any difference and I once again receive the error each time I attempt to "disable" VR (Oculus Rift S) Some of the fixes appeared to mitigate the error but as it turned out only for a short period of time.
The content error folder usually does not record any fault but this time it did.

[error.312]
error=DirectX device removed. Reason : DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
MaexliBaexli

Post by MaexliBaexli »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm Hello,

Does this occur when using default vehicles? If you have Enhanced Atmospherics off do you see this issue as well? Additionally are you seeing this issue when running without VR?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
So, my problem should be solved. I have a (I'll say) not exactly conventional setup with 7 monitors and 2x GPU. So far I had the outside view with 3x27 inches on the 1080Ti, the other 4 monitors on my little 1060. In the previous P3D versions I never had a problem, but since 5.2 I had a DXGI error very quickly and this then led to crashes.

Yesterday I tried a lot and noticed that the P3D causes problems as soon as I move the main image from the monitor of one GPU to the monitor of the other GPU. P3D then displayed a black runway and completely black scenery. Without EA everything went smoothly, with EA I had a crash.

In short, I now have 4 monitors on the 1080Ti and only move the main image within the connected monitors or GPU. So there is no longer a problem and I have already completed a smooth test flight. The remaining 3 monitors are unaffected by the main P3D window, only 2D panels are swapped out here and there is no 3D calculation.

The problem is often complex and I am happy to have found a solution. With the hotfix I hope for further improvements :-)

Link to my YT Channel how my setup looks like - have to upload a video with 5.2 in the next days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzI-qN4DWj0

Visually I like 5.2 and the combination of EA with "normal" clouds is great.

lg
Markus

@Moderator: Also my other opened thread a few days ago could be marked as "solved", thanks.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

I'm glad you have a found a work-around. We were able to reproduce an issue where moving a 3d view back and forth between GPUs could cause a device hang if the scenario was reset. We've found a way to fix that crash. We added a few fix to prevent AMD crashes coming in the hot fix which should also help with stability on Nvidia hardware.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

I also got the Dxgi . D3DDRED2.
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
aspen31

Post by aspen31 »

Hi all
Happy Fourth if you are so inclined. After several days of playing with 5.2 I'm happy to report (after three months or so) that I have not received any "Hung_device error and I'm able to fly with EA enabled and most sliders well to the right.
Thanks LM for this most recent hotfix.

Warren