DXGI Error with EA

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
airlinetycoon

DXGI Error with EA

Post by airlinetycoon »

When I use EA I always get a DXGI Error Device Hung - Radeon 6900XT on latest driver. I installed 5.2 completely. If I start without EA, no problems, with EA DXGI Hung after 30 seconds. Any ideas?
airlinetycoon

Re: DXGI Error with EA

Post by airlinetycoon »

I did some investigations about my DXGI Device Hung Errors in v5.2. With default planes planes it works, no problems. With Addon aircrafts like Maddog (offical update released) and for example the NGXU I get this errors. My specs: AMD Ryzen 5900X / Radeon 6900XT

default aircraft with EA = ok

Addon aircraft with EA = Device Hung

Can someone confirm this issue?
DLH7LA

Post by DLH7LA »

Same here, occasionaly I get the DXGI with a default aircraft but heavy scenery / AI as well but with an addon aircraft like the NGXU it almost immediatly crashes with DXGI error.

5.1 HF1 was ultra stable to me, hopefully I am just missing a certain setting or something alike...
Running on i7 9700k / AMD 6800 / 32GB RAM.
airlinetycoon

Post by airlinetycoon »

DLH7LA wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 pm Same here, occasionaly I get the DXGI with a default aircraft but heavy scenery / AI as well but with an addon aircraft like the NGXU it almost immediatly crashes with DXGI error.

5.1 HF1 was ultra stable to me, hopefully I am just missing a certain setting or something alike...
Running on i7 9700k / AMD 6800 / 32GB RAM.
I investigated a bit and found a solution for me. Untick the particle shadows was the trigger.
DLH7LA

Post by DLH7LA »

I tried some more as well, seems like clearing the shaders again did the trick for now, maybe some incompatible shadertool sneeked in after the 5.2 update.
Mb944

Post by Mb944 »

I thought it was fixed this dxgi
Msi z490 motherboard HIFI I7-10700k, 64gb ram. Sapphire nitro+ 6800xt. Windows 10, 3 ssd 1tb
BelGeode

Post by BelGeode »

Hmmm. I thought I had left this issue behind with 5.0HF2...

Same thing. DXGI error using AMD Radeon VII. Tried with both atmospherics turned on, and turned off. particle shadows off.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Thanks for posting your findings regarding the particle shadow setting. This issue should be resolved in the coming hot fix. In the mean time, the main cause of this crash can be fixed by modifying one of our shaders. If you open up ParticleDraw.fx in the ShadersHLSL folder, and look for this line (around line 945):

Code: Select all

#if defined(SHD_ENHANCED_ATMOSPHERICS_BLEND) 
Change it to this:

#if defined(SHD_ENHANCED_ATMOSPHERICS_BLEND) && !defined(SHD_VIEW_SHADOW)
After that, just re-launch P3D or reload shaders (if you have that event bound in controls).

We added some additional safeguards in place to prevent other possible AMD driver crash that will be in the hotfix.

Thanks,
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
BelGeode

Post by BelGeode »

Beau Hollis wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:18 pm Thanks for posting your findings regarding the particle shadow setting. This issue should be resolved in the coming hot fix. In the mean time, the main cause of this crash can be fixed by modifying one of our shaders. If you open up ParticleDraw.fx in the ShadersHLSL folder, and look for this line (around line 945):

#if defined(SHD_ENHANCED_ATMOSPHERICS_BLEND) 
Change it to this:

#if defined(SHD_ENHANCED_ATMOSPHERICS_BLEND) && !defined(SHD_VIEW_SHADOW)
After that, just re-launch P3D or reload shaders (if you have that event bound in controls).

We added some additional safeguards in place to prevent other possible AMD driver crash that will be in the hotfix.

Thanks,
Just copied and pasted in the line of code for line 945 of the ParticleDraw.fx.

I am afraid that is not solving my issue. Still having the same error, whether AE is on or off.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Sorry this didn't resolve your issue. This specific error only occurred with EA and particle shadow cast both enabled. There are some other fixes coming in the hot fix.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
BelGeode

Post by BelGeode »

Beau Hollis wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:43 pm Sorry this didn't resolve your issue. This specific error only occurred with EA and particle shadow cast both enabled. There are some other fixes coming in the hot fix.
No problem. Will wait for the hotfix.
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi beau Hollis
I sended your fix to this post and it seems it works (see at the last answer).
Regards
Michel

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... riend-back