Monitor Flickers when P3D is focused

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Halbi

Monitor Flickers when P3D is focused

Post by Halbi »

I have the latest version of p3d v4.5 installed. I´ve been away from p3d for over a year now, so i did a complete fresh install on sunday. No i have a big problem. almost always, when p3d is focused the whole monitor flickers. its not the known black flickering, but just the brightness of the monitor. when doing a screencapture, it doesnt show up. Trying to film it with the phone doesnt really show it as well, because filming a monitor is no good. Sometimes the flickering appears after a few minutes, sometimes its there from the beginning. as soon as i click on for example the desktop, the flickering is gone. This only happens on my main monitor, the second one is fine. But it also only happens when using p3d, no issues with any other games.
i am really frustrated and hope that someone can help quickly please.

(i already tried disabeling full screen optimizations, as well es deleting the shaders, nothing helps..)

thanks!
Martyson

Re: Monitor Flickers when P3D is focused

Post by Martyson »

Halbi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:07 pm I have the latest version of p3d v4.5 installed. I´ve been away from p3d for over a year now, so i did a complete fresh install on sunday. No i have a big problem. almost always, when p3d is focused the whole monitor flickers. its not the known black flickering, but just the brightness of the monitor. when doing a screencapture, it doesnt show up. Trying to film it with the phone doesnt really show it as well, because filming a monitor is no good. Sometimes the flickering appears after a few minutes, sometimes its there from the beginning. as soon as i click on for example the desktop, the flickering is gone. This only happens on my main monitor, the second one is fine. But it also only happens when using p3d, no issues with any other games.
i am really frustrated and hope that someone can help quickly please.

(i already tried disabeling full screen optimizations, as well es deleting the shaders, nothing helps..)

thanks!
@ Halbi ,

What was the P3D version number before the complete install?
Just to verify, did it flicker when you first returned after one year before doing a complete install?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Halbi

Post by Halbi »

I didn’t have it installed at all. Uninstalled it sometime last year. So I did a Full install of the current version of 4.5
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Halbi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:12 pm I didn’t have it installed at all. Uninstalled it sometime last year. So I did a Full install of the current version of 4.5
@ Halbi ,

Did you have the problem when P3D was previously installed sometime last year?
Best Regards,
Halbi

Post by Halbi »

Nope, never seen before
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Halbi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:32 pm Nope, never seen before
@ Halbi ,

Can you just use the second monitor in your setup for a test?
Best Regards,
Halbi

Post by Halbi »

No issues on the second monitor, 4K. The other one is 1440p 144hz and gsync. However my second monitor is no permanent solution as it has some dead pixels.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Halbi wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:05 pm No issues on the second monitor, 4K. The other one is 1440p 144hz and gsync. However my second monitor is no permanent solution as it has some dead pixels.
@ Halbi ,

That is good.

I do not use 1440p 144Hz or gsync.

I just have two 1080P monitors working well with P3D v4.5HF3.

The only other changes since one year ago :
WIN 10 Updates
Graphic card driver Updates
Best Regards,
Halbi

Post by Halbi »

Graphics card drivers are up to date. Windows did have an update, but I don’t think it affects this issue. The only other changes on my system are now I have the fslabs a320SL and I have windows mixed reality portal installed for my HP reverb g2 (that I don’t use for p3d)
Halbi

Post by Halbi »

jsut launched the sim 3 times in succession. first 2 times, no issue. 3rd time it flickers.
Halbi

Post by Halbi »

I did a complete reinstall (including manually deleting all remaining p3d folders). That seems to have fixed it.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Halbi ,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Henrik2k17

Post by Henrik2k17 »

Any news on this topic what can cause this?
I have a clean 5.2 install and just updatet the graphics driver, after the driver update it started flickering as described above.