Multiple Errors .....??

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Martyson

Re: Multiple Errors .....??

Post by Martyson »

@ alaaar ,
Alaa,

“I have a clean install for P3D, when I use it with default F-22 for example I do not experiment with any issues, then I started using ASP3D or REXSF with it, it's also OK, “

That is good.

“but I tried installing more sophisticated products like FSL, Maddog, and PMDG I get the CTD, not to mention any ORBIX product.”
I am not sure what you did at this point.

With a working P3D setup (no error):

You now install one Add-on and test it.

If ok.

Reboot PC.

Install another Add-on.

If error.

Stop.

Uninstall the bad Add-on.

Reboot PC.

Test and make sure all ok without the bad Add-on.

If ok.

Install next Add-on.

If error.

Stop.

Uninstall the bad Add-on.

One Add-on at a time.

The goal is to always have an error free P3D install when you have installed all good Add-ons.

After you are done then talk about any Bad Add-ons still needing to be installed in this forum.
Also contact the Add-on developer support forum for help.

Note:
For Windows exception codes you can also post your problem on the Windows forum.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
alaaar

Post by alaaar »

Thank you, FYI none of the products I install give me an error while installing, all errors take place either when P3D starting the first screen -after installing a product-, then it closes without an error message, or the most common CTD, where flight starts with aircraft-a product- at the correct location, I always start at C&D so after 5-8 steps at the most I get CTD, It's not a setup issue.

The current situation is:

1-P3D installed clean and works with default aircraft
2-When I install more sophisticated planes I get CTD -I tried three different products -
3-The fault module name: Mostly clr.dll then ntdll.dll, dsound.dll, kernelbase.dll, and some of the errors doesn't give a report at all
4-That's only happening for one month or a little more
5-Before that, I had no problems with P3D for three years and more, or to rephrase that I had a few issues that are resolvable by easy search on the net.

thanks
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Let's try to sum up here:

"1-P3D installed clean and works with default aircraft"

So the basic P3D installation is OK. Then:

"none of the products I install give me an error while installing"

This is probably because they use a tried and proven installer when installing these products, which are really applications. Next:

"all errors take place either when P3D starting the first screen -after installing a product"

The error happens when you try to run - as opposed to installing - your newly installed application, in this case your new add-on "sophisticated" aircraft, or other add-on,

As I see it, there could be 3 causes of this:

1. Video issues (graphics driver or VRAM management),

2. Settings too high, causing you to run out of VRAM, and

3. Badly programmed add-on application - add-on aircraft.

For 1.: Keep your graphics driver and Windows updated (Windows also because that contains DirectX)

For 2.: Experiment with lowering your settings

For 3.: Check regularly with the application developers for compatibility issues and updates or patches to the products

You may also consider running this command periodically off a command prompt to check system file integrity:

sfc /scannow

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.