P3DV5 crashing when loading a flight plan

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Chevalier

P3DV5 crashing when loading a flight plan

Post by Chevalier »

Once I have an aircraft loaded and active, filing a new or revised flight plan frequently crashes the sim.

If I start at the "splash screen", select "FLIGHT PLANNER", then either create a new plan or load a saved one and then start a flight, the sim works just dandy. However, once the flight is active, selecting NAVIGATION/FLIGHT PLANNER, then making any changes to the flight plan and then loading it (or trying to load it, anyway) will usually crash the sim. It doesn't seem to matter if the sim is paused or not.
Martyson

Re: P3DV5 crashing when loading a flight plan

Post by Martyson »

Chevalier wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:36 pm Once I have an aircraft loaded and active, filing a new or revised flight plan frequently crashes the sim.

If I start at the "splash screen", select "FLIGHT PLANNER", then either create a new plan or load a saved one and then start a flight, the sim works just dandy. However, once the flight is active, selecting NAVIGATION/FLIGHT PLANNER, then making any changes to the flight plan and then loading it (or trying to load it, anyway) will usually crash the sim. It doesn't seem to matter if the sim is paused or not.
@ Chevalier ,

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)