DXGI Hung only upon approach

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
erikschlijper

DXGI Hung only upon approach

Post by erikschlijper »

Hello captains,

In the past I used to get DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error's at random occasions (all the time with TrueSky (Enhanced Atmospherics) on).

Since a day or two I am using TrueSky again, but without succes. My P3Dv5.1HF1 always gives me a DXGI HUNG error when I am approaching an airport. Wether it's default or 3rd party (airport and plane).

I am running an AMD RX570 with latest WHQL driver.
TDRLevel and TDRDelay entries are in my registry.
Cleaned DIrectX Shader Cache and reboot. None of these seems to fix it.

Hoping someone will have a "temp" fix as I hope LM will fix this in an upcming HF or .2 release.

Sincerely Erik
JorgenSA

Re: DXGI Hung only upon approach

Post by JorgenSA »

Erik,

This is something that is being worked upon by L-M, according to a statement made by Beau Hollis some time ago.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
erikschlijper

Post by erikschlijper »

Ahh that's some good news! Must have missed that statement. Thanks for the info :D
alexplgr

Post by alexplgr »

The same here, really don’t know what to do more
ironcondor

Post by ironcondor »

I am wondering if LM is working on this issue with AMD cards? I have read many threads and tried all of the solutions to no avail.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, AMD 6900XT, 32GB of RAM, 1200 Watt PSU, 2TB NVME primary drive, Liquid Cooled.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

All we have been told is that it is being worked upon.

Nothing about specific brands of graphics cards. So I would assume all brands.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ironcondor

Post by ironcondor »

I am posting this here as well to help others that may have this issue. AMD GPU is the 6900XT.

1.) UIHardwareAcceleration set to false in P3D.cfg file.(Probable cause due to AMD overlay or whatever else this does with the AMD driver software suite)
2.) Disabled FSUIPC Autosave (Probably not the cause)
3.) Disabled Trueglass.dll (Probably not the cause)

No issues after the above changes.
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, AMD 6900XT, 32GB of RAM, 1200 Watt PSU, 2TB NVME primary drive, Liquid Cooled.
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

@ironcondor,

Thanks for the post. I am using 6800XT and no longer have trueglass since I switched from Aerosoft to FSLabs Airbus. I also have switched from true to false but still have received device hung errors.

I have 10 successful flights (have never been able to do more than a few before) without issues by restarting computer just before I fly in the sim. I am using P3dV5.1 HF1. Hardware Acceleration is on true and I am using unlimited on frames inside the sim only. With 30, 45 and 60 I get device hung.

The other thing I have done differently is used DDU to uninstall GPU driver and reinstalled using the windows update function only so I have no radeon software suite loaded. I do not think it has anything to do with it but not going to change anything until I get another device hung. If curious, all of my flights were 2 to 3.5 hours.

I posted this in the event you get another device hung and want to try something different.

Ray