White Shimmering Dots

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
YoYo

Re: White Shimmering Dots

Post by YoYo »

Ant15 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:13 pm Hello, i have been using P3D v5 since june and i have noticed white dots on the ground texture of scenery, both default and addon. These shimmering white dots are also noticeble in the cockpit of multible addon aircraft like the Fslabs a320 and the Q400 by majestic software.

I have noticed that the shimmering intensifie when there is a white texture infont of the aircraft, for example clouds or runway markings.
Other than that i have no idea what is causing the shimmering/flickering.
If anyone have a fix for this please let me know, i can't find anything about this issue in the forum.

I am running P3D v5.1 hotfix 1 and no overclock.
Its known issue in P3Dv5 with EA=on only (most users dont see it, they are very small dots, like white pixels), +1 for fix for this.
webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
spec: W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32 RAM | P3Dv5 | VR only: HP Reverb G2
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Ant15 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:04 pm Yes, the problem was caused by EA and custom shaders. When disabled, the texture bug was gone/solved. Sorry for the late reply.
Which shaders?
Ant15

Post by Ant15 »

I used to use ENVshade with EA, which I thought caused the problem. However that was no the case and the "White dots" still appear without ENVshade.
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Ant15 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:44 pm I used to use ENVshade with EA, which I thought caused the problem. However that was no the case and the "White dots" still appear without ENVshade.
Yes I can cofirm it, it exists still in 5.2 (full installation).
vurplex

Post by vurplex »

Still in 5.2 but much worse.
AMD 5900x, 32gb@3600MHz ram, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900xt, Windows 10 Pro & 2tb NVME
brianv

Post by brianv »

I had this too initially, but switching on FXAA in P3D image and texture quality settings has practically solved it.
sho69607

Post by sho69607 »

Having FXAA on solves the white dot issue, but it creates another problem by making the cockpit displays blurry (At least with the FSL Airbus).
Ant15

Post by Ant15 »

Has anyone managed to solve the issue? I recently updated to 5.3 with hope that it would have been fixed. Unfortunatly it seems to have got worse. Now the white dots/pixels show up even without Enchanced Atmospherics. I don't understand why LM haven't noticed it. I was landing at a default airport the other day and the ground was filled with white pixles. Hopefully this would be fixed soon, it has been a issue since 5.1

Anton
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ant15 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:10 pm Has anyone managed to solve the issue? I recently updated to 5.3 with hope that it would have been fixed. Unfortunatly it seems to have got worse. Now the white dots/pixels show up even without Enchanced Atmospherics. I don't understand why LM haven't noticed it. I was landing at a default airport the other day and the ground was filled with white pixles. Hopefully this would be fixed soon, it has been a issue since 5.1

Anton
@ Ant15 ,
Anton

If you show a couple screenshots showing the area to look at in P3Dv5.3 with default aircraft and FSLabs a320 I will have a look on my setup.
Other pilots may also be able to provide some feedback on this.

Edit:
Also, do you see the problem at night in a cold and dark cockpit?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Ant15

Post by Ant15 »

Sure, but because the pixels are shimmering they are difficult to capture. I've tried my best to highlight some. First screenshot is from KATL(Default), second LOWI(Orbx) and the FSlabs cockpit which had the same pixel bug. However FSlabs have now fixed it, and it was caused by a texture gap. The pixels still shimmer on all of my sceneries especially in darker areas(Cloudshadows/terrainshadows)

Screenshot link:
https://imgur.com/a/D4eK4TX

Anton
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ant15 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:59 pm Sure, but because the pixels are shimmering they are difficult to capture. I've tried my best to highlight some. First screenshot is from KATL(Default), second LOWI(Orbx) and the FSlabs cockpit which had the same pixel bug. However FSlabs have now fixed it, and it was caused by a texture gap. The pixels still shimmer on all of my sceneries especially in darker areas(Cloudshadows/terrainshadows)

Screenshot link:
https://imgur.com/a/D4eK4TX

Anton
Top screenshot LOWI rwy 08 Orbx ?

Any default aircraft with the bug in P3Dv5.3 Academic?

Your center screenshot .. where / location on the airport surface?

I will go have a look now.

Edit:
How to post screenshots in the forum:
viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=141933

I checked on my setp with WIN11 and P3D5.3
KATL 27R default and Imagesim KATL all ok
Orbx LOWI at rwy 08 all ok
Last edited by Martyson on Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
Ant15

Post by Ant15 »

Just to make things clear, these pixels show up at all airports even ground scenery. Amount of light and AA impacts the amount of pixels. I haven't checked all the default aircraft but the default F35 had these pixels left of the main panel last time I checked.

Thank you for the screenshot explaination and the KATL screenshot is at runway 09L holdingpoint L
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ant15 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:23 pm Just to make things clear, these pixels show up at all airports even ground scenery. Amount of light and AA impacts the amount of pixels. I haven't checked all the default aircraft but the default F35 had these pixels left of the main panel last time I checked.

Thank you for the screenshot explaination and the KATL screenshot is at runway 09L holdingpoint L
You are welcome.

Ok,
In my testing if I see the problem I will report back here.
Other pilot may join in an do screenshots or a video.

Actually, would it be possible for you to do a video seeing you have many instances of it?
Also, your full system specs an Add-on software in use during the video / testing would be helpful.

Notes:
Last posts in this topic was July 2021 so now maybe renewed interest.

You previously mentioned some good news on this topic:
"However FSlabs have now fixed it, and it was caused by a texture gap".
Best Regards,
Ant15

Post by Ant15 »

Yes, I'll be back with more info tomorrow. Really appreciate the help

Anton
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ant15 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:02 pm Yes, I'll be back with more info tomorrow. Really appreciate the help
Anton
@ Ant15 ,
Anton

You are welcome.
See you tomorrow. I will be testing.
Best Regards,