P3D V5 (DXGI_ERROR__DEVICE _HUNG) Eerror

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Martyson

Re: P3D V5 (DXGI_ERROR__DEVICE _HUNG) Eerror

Postby Martyson » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:56 pm

........ and yes SPAD.next is specifically designed to use with the Saitek(Logitech) product
@ Bill Gradwell ,

My question was not about a 3rd party product and what they say about their own product.

My question was:

Does Saitek (edit , and now Logitech) support SPAD?

I also noted:
If you report problems to Saitek or SPAD and they verify your problem they could work directly with P3D.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

metalmike

Postby metalmike » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:04 pm

I'm getting a similar error not even 20 minutes after booting up the sim and loading in. Not the "hung" error but something about the video card/device "resetting" or something.

Sim is unflyable, and I haven't installed anything new since the last flight (which was a few days ago), other than the latest nvidia drivers.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:09 pm

I'm getting a similar error not even 20 minutes after booting up the sim and loading in. Not the "hung" error but something about the video card/device "resetting" or something.

Sim is unflyable, and I haven't installed anything new since the last flight (which was a few days ago), other than the latest nvidia drivers.
@ metalmike ,

Is the P3D default flight F35A at KRND flying ok?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

metalmike

Postby metalmike » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:43 pm

@ metalmike ,

Is the P3D default flight F35A at KRND flying ok?
so far

Bill Gradwell

Postby Bill Gradwell » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:57 am

Hello Support

I was so hoping that 5.1 would have sorted out this problem - but it is still prevalent - for no visible reason just freezes up. Yes I do have latest Nvidia drivers, sliders are right back - running VRAM at about 3.8 of the available 5.2GB

This is in QW787 on straight flight from FAOR Johannesburg to FACT Cape Town

Gosh frustrating man!!!~!

Regards Bill Gradwell

pestridge77

Postby pestridge77 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:48 am

ANYBODY GETTING A DEVICE HUNG ERROR WHERE IT STATES THE GPU IS RESETTING, I have had a fix for that since P3DV5 came out back in April. Ive never experienced this crash since applying my fix.... I hold the fix in my discord for anyone who wishes to NOT get that error show up. It is a WINDOWS 10 RESTRICTION being imposed on the GPU, nothing to do with P3D, more DirectX12.
MY You Tube channel name is You Tuber Adam J Pestridge and you can find an invite to my discord in my latest videos, within the description box of the videos.
PLEASE STOP SUFFERING AND SORT IT OUT.

RobCom

Postby RobCom » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:39 am

ANYBODY GETTING A DEVICE HUNG ERROR WHERE IT STATES THE GPU IS RESETTING, I have had a fix for that since P3DV5 came out back in April. Ive never experienced this crash since applying my fix.... I hold the fix in my discord for anyone who wishes to NOT get that error show up. It is a WINDOWS 10 RESTRICTION being imposed on the GPU, nothing to do with P3D, more DirectX12.
MY You Tube channel name is You Tuber Adam J Pestridge and you can find an invite to my discord in my latest videos, within the description box of the videos.
PLEASE STOP SUFFERING AND SORT IT OUT.
I don't do Discord, any way you can just post that "fix" here?

no problem if not
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX XC ; Creative SB Audigy Rx

Bill Gradwell

Postby Bill Gradwell » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:29 am

Hello Prestige

Same here. Would be great if you can share the fix on this forum as a service to Sim Community

Thanks Bill Gradwell

CaptBMckay

Postby CaptBMckay » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:12 pm

I too am having this error. I have not been able to complete a single flight since P3d V5 release. I have all of the windows updates and driver updates. I'm having this issue with 5.1 as well. I still use P3d v4.5 because V5 is usable.

tgaldi

Postby tgaldi » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:38 pm

I'm experiencing this error as well when using the SimDirector. I am using an NVIDIA Quadro M5000 with the latest drivers & Windows 10.

EmpireKicking

Postby EmpireKicking » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:29 pm

I had it came up two times for me last night and turns out as I'm running and flying the sim my Vram was around 4gb to 4.5gb and I use a 6gb card. So means that even that CPU and GPU is not working that hard I'm stuck with 6gb. So turn things down and leave more room for Vram right?

What eats up the Vram?????
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:59 pm

EmpireKicking,

As far as I can make out, Windows 10/DX12 takes a far larger chunk of VRAM for itself than DX11 does....

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

EmpireKicking

Postby EmpireKicking » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:58 pm

EmpireKicking,

As far as I can make out, Windows 10/DX12 takes a far larger chunk of VRAM for itself than DX11 does....

Jorgen
Also when it comes down to what aircraft you fly it eats more, I try and keep it around 3.8gb out of 5.1gb so that it leaves far more space left. Anisotropic is set to 8x where before it was 16x and medium texture resolution rather then high with fxaa off.
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance

pestridge77

[SOLVED] Re: P3D V5 (DXGI_ERROR__DEVICE _HUNG) Eerror

Postby pestridge77 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:28 am

P3D V5 (DXGI_ERROR__DEVICE _HUNG) Error
solved - solved - solved - solved - solved - solved - solved

BJHJEONG01 - VHOJT - CAPTAIN7 - JOAKER - MATTHEW21 - BILL GRADWELL
- MPO910 - MARTYSON - AIRBUMPS - METALMIKE - BANANANAV - ROBCOM - CAPTBMCKAY - TGALDI - EMPIREKICKING

Please guys, oh please understand these simple truths about P3D/Directx12/5.1 and the addon developers
BELOW IS THE FIX FOR THE HUNG ERROR CRASH that any PC that is not up to the job of displaying the sim, can get... Its nothing to do with P3D, addons contained or hardware attached like flight sim controllers.
ITS YOUR ONBOARD HARDWARE AND OS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CRASH..

There are two ways to fix it....

#1 Lower your settings to LOW or MEDIUM if your feeling adventurous
#2 Buy better hardware that is up to dealing with the sim eg, CPU 4.0Ghz minimum GPU 10g VRAM minimum MEMORY 16g minimum
(anything less than those specs will have difficulties running 5.0/5.1 with addons on medium-ultra settings... The reason for the error is explained below....I SOLVED THIS BACK IN APRIL...

As your using your GPU the usage of the VRAM on it will go up and down according to the load that is placed on it... If there is a spike in the usage, even for a brief moment it could cause the GPU to freeze or hang, till the spike goes down and normal use is resumed. Sometimes these spikes can last for some time and if the GPU hangs or freezes for more than 2 seconds, Windows OS kicks in with a measure to prevent a system crash, which it resets the GPU to recover it from the freeze, which triggers this Hung Error....
If you lower your settings or buy better hardware, it still can happen, its just less likely too... There is another way as well....
Telling Windows to wait longer for the GPU to recover itself and continue on....
This is called a Tdr Delay. Its adding a figure to the windows registry and telling the OS to wait 8 seconds instead of 2. You can even get it to wait 60 seconds as well. The code is below for the fix......

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers]
"TdrDelay"=hex(b):08,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

YOU CAN READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE AND HOW TO ADD THE VALUES TO THE REGISTRY YOURSELF: https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu- ... 45489.html

Its a very simple fix and I created a registry file to run, that does the registry fix instantly.... easy. Its in my discord, although the link will show you how to do it as well.....

Doing this doesnt cure the problem, it makes it less likely to occur in a Ti GPU card.... any GPU card with less than 10g of VRAM could still suffer the error with this fix if your settings in P3D are too high and it causes a heavy load.... Ive not had a crash from this error since I used it back in April, I have had that box appear one or twice, but I just click off it now.....

The best option is too upgrade your GPU to a Ti card to remove the chances happening and if it does, the error pops up, you just press cancel and the sim will continue without crashing....

Also, alot of addons in 5.1 were made using outdated techniques that are sold as V5 compatible, they are simply ports from earlier versions or have been made using techniques no longer supported and its only TrueSky highlighting these addons (simobjects) that have used with these techniques, the developers NEED AND MUST update their products to remain 5.1 compatible fully.... otherwise objects will stand out from the atmosphere and weather and that is the developers responsibility to fix....although, again, you can also do it with ModelConverterX as well..

It pains me to see people not being able to see the beauty of 5.1 (I truly prefer it to MFS and XPLANE) I love it... check out the videos on my You Tube channel recently where I showcase 5.1.... truly amazing and photoreal skies... PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE TRUESKY, ITS PERFECT...

Link to my You Tube channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/AdamJPestridg ... ruKXFruIXY

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:59 am

I never mentioned having this problem.

I am not getting any errors using P3Dv5.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”