v5 HF2 Feedback - It's even worse...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
neilh1983

Re: v5 HF2 Feedback - It's even worse...

Postby neilh1983 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 pm

For kicks, try disabling your audio devices (ALL OF THEM), in BIOS if necessary, so the system thinks it doesn't have any sound devices.

I'm not trolling - I'm serious. It seems there may be an issue with audio in v5 causing crashes.

Just because your GPU is showing a problem, does not mean it is the source of the problem.
You're not wrong. I once had numerous CTD's with Windows reporting a memory error. Ended up being an SSD firmware upgrade.
Neil Holloway

737SimGuy

Postby 737SimGuy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:40 pm

No errors
No problems to report
And no annoying haze! Look at that visibility, wow.

Could you possibly share your ASP3D visibility settings?

Thank you,

James

niksan29

Postby niksan29 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:23 am

No errors
No problems to report
The hardest airport I've seen in the simulator is Madrid and then Miami from LatinVFR.
Also, you did not show your other settings and did not say whether you use orbix.
and the main problem is that on P 4.5 everything was fine with of the same settings and add-ons, so we see so many complaints...
Cheers!

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:34 am

Hi,

I made an update of client and content to HF2. I also deleted the shaders and updated to NVIDIA driver 451.48. I started a critical (because very demanding) scenery at KLAS 01L (with addon) and PMDGs 747. The sim crashes within seconds after loading the scenery. I already reduced the texture size to 2048x2048.

I see the following messages:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
or
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I have a GTX1070 with 8 GB. I NEVER saw this error in v2, v3 or v4.

I am somewhat disappointed because I expected this problem will be solved with HF2.
For now, P3Dv5 is unuseable for me.

Any idea?

Regards,
Rainer
hello,
I am experiencing the exact same issue with GTX980.
Also, Running out of graphics memory which is crashing the sim. Here too, v5 is in fact un-usable and that is "a pity". I also had hopes that HF-2 will solve that and re-purchased (after an earlier refund I took). A real disappointment.
BTW, this happens even if using a default aircraft...
Looking forward for LM to solve that.

Thanks
Benny

flynryan692

Postby flynryan692 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:05 pm

I'm having this issue as well with an RTX 2070 Super, driver 451.48. Seems like it's a DirectX problem, but I'm not sure.

First time was with the NGXu at cruise, I was on Vatsim and I was picking up a default ATIS so I paused and went into settings to turn off the ATC. I got DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG when I exited the settings.

Today I loaded up at FT Las Vegas with the AS Airbus professional, all was fine until out of nowhere I got DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I reloaded and the second it loaded the scenery it said my GPU was out of memory, yet it wasn't. I reloaded the sim yet again and was able to fly the flight without issue.

I then loaded up the AS Airbus professional at KSMF and before I started pushback it CTD'd, event viewer said it was D3d10warp.dll. I reloaded the flight and on the takeoff roll it CTD'd again, event viewer saying D3d10warp.dll again.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:09 pm

I'm having this issue as well with an RTX 2070 Super, driver 451.48. Seems like it's a DirectX problem, but I'm not sure.

First time was with the NGXu at cruise, I was on Vatsim and I was picking up a default ATIS so I paused and went into settings to turn off the ATC. I got DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG when I exited the settings.

Today I loaded up at FT Las Vegas with the AS Airbus professional, all was fine until out of nowhere I got DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I reloaded and the second it loaded the scenery it said my GPU was out of memory, yet it wasn't. I reloaded the sim yet again and was able to fly the flight without issue.

I then loaded up the AS Airbus professional at KSMF and before I started pushback it CTD'd, event viewer said it was D3d10warp.dll. I reloaded the flight and on the takeoff roll it CTD'd again, event viewer saying D3d10warp.dll again.
Do you reboot the PC between each flight?

Could you test with the default P3D aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

flynryan692

Postby flynryan692 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:19 pm

Yes, and I can retest with default aircraft. It (the device hung error) did happen when in the settings menu with the F35, but that was when I had first installed and was messing with settings so I shrugged it off.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 am

Yes, and I can retest with default aircraft. It (the device hung error) did happen when in the settings menu with the F35, but that was when I had first installed and was messing with settings so I shrugged it off.
Ok,

Are you using Time acceleration on your test flights?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

flynryan692

Postby flynryan692 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Ok,

Are you using Time acceleration on your test flights?

No time acceleration, and yes I reboot.

I can at least say somewhat confidently that I think most of this might be related to FlyTampa Las Vegas as the bulk of the issues have occurred there. Other people are complaining about out of memory problems there in their forum. Not sure about the D3d10warp.dll crashes, but I did run sfc /scannow which fixed some problems as well as sfc /verify on that specific dll and it had no faults. I was able to fly without issue today until about 500 ft AGL at Las Vegas, VRAM was high and it gave me another device hung error.

I'll probably end up going back to P3Dv4 though, I don't have a lot of time to play crash dummy and v4 was very stable for me.

737SimGuy

Postby 737SimGuy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:08 pm

FWIW I just built a new computer, Win10 Pro 2004, fresh default install P3Dv5 HF2, NO addons except FSUIPC. i9 9900K, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO mb, 32 gb ram, Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) 12gb.

In BIOS I manually set my ram speed to it's 3200 mhz spec, and attempted to force the auto boost for the CPU to off.

I would get either a device hung error within a minute of starting P3D or a CTD within a couple minutes.. EVERY time. Thus is a STOCK DEFAULT VANILLA P3D. Tried all the usual stuff deleting cache, deleting p3d cfg etc. No change.

Out of desperation I went into BIOS and set it to "Optimized Defaults" and all the errors and CTDs went away! The CTDs I determined were from the RAM being hard set to 3200 instead of allowing the turbo boost to do it automagically, and the hung device errors were from attempting to limit the GPU auto overclocking! As soon as I let the MB do it's own magic all was right with the world (P3D).

Hopefully this will help somebody out there...

James

CaptBMckay

Postby CaptBMckay » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:34 am

I can confirm the same issue with all add on aircraft in V5. I too and thinking it’s driver issue. I have an Nvdia RTX2080 and shouldn’t be having this issue. V5 although it’s wonderful when I can use it, is not usable for me in it’s current state.

Stratocruiser

Postby Stratocruiser » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:31 am

Not having any of those problems. Running P3Dv5.2 with an Nvidia GTX1080 card, Windows 10 Home with the 2004 update. The video card driver is 451.67. Everything is very smooth and frames rates are very good. Great scenery images.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”