Stutter fix for P3Dv2.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Vortex

Postby Vortex » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:11 am

I gave it a go, but for me there was no noticeable change, whatsoever. No reduction of autogen, but also no reduction of stutter.

Gerardius

Postby Gerardius » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:04 am

Hi guy,

This trick was suggested four years ago by Bojote (Jesus Altuve), but he later denied its utility and apologized for his mistake and acknowledged it has no effect whatsoever on the performance of FSX.

I myself at that time recommended on another forum, and I also deny after reading the explanations of Jesus Altuve.

Cheers

Vortex

Postby Vortex » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 am

Hi Gerardius & Snave

All I can say it work for me be it a mistake or whatever. That's why I say give it a try and report your results so people can see if it fixed the stutters or not for them and if it does I am glad it helped but if not keep looking and researching for your fix.

PS:Negativity gets you no were in life!

marcotte122

Postby marcotte122 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:03 am

hi,

i made a test with this tip and i have to say that in my case it works great; i don't know why, but it works !

J van E

Postby J van E » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 am

Quote:

Quote from marcotte122 on August 31, 2014, 09:03

i don't know why, but it works !

Presumably because changing this setting reduces autogen... From a topic about this on Avsim:

"I really dont see the purpose of this tweek as all it does is GREATLY reduce the autogen. The reduction in autogen more precisely the trees naturally will make things smoother. The same smoothness can be obtained by simply lowering your autogen slider a notch or two."

And from Bojoto who posted the tip:

"VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! It appears, based on comments that I've received from some users AND including John Venema, that this 'change' prevents FSX from 'reading' the file, so, in reality, this change is the same as if you deleted the file.So, I suggest you do a 'before and after' test to determine if this is for you. I'm fully aware that 'deleting' default.xml was a performance recomendation from the FS2004 days, but it is not nowadays! so, IF you decide to keep this change to benefit from the performance boost, test first to see if you are ok with the autogen supression that will occur."

Take note that using FSX tweaks in P3D isn't a very wise thing to do: too much has changed.

Vortex

Postby Vortex » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:31 am

I don't see any anomalies so far with P3Dv2.3 regarding autogen lost or reduction and if there is I will surely report it. This tip gives me smooth flight in P3Dv2.3 for now so that is my main GOAL! until Lockheed Martin brings out the next (SP) to rectify the stuttering and the low fps that we are experiencing in heavy weather conditions this tip gives me the best scenario for now.

rsvette12

Postby rsvette12 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 am

Quote:

Quote from Vortex on August 31, 2014, 11:31

I don't see any anomalies so far with P3Dv2.3 regarding autogen lost or reduction and if there is I will surely report it. This tip gives me smooth flight in P3Dv2.3 for now so that is my main GOAL! until Lockheed Martin brings out the next (SP) to rectify the stuttering and the low fps that we are experiencing in heavy weather conditions this tip gives me the best scenario for now.

The question is are you seeing this reduced autogen ? - thanks

campospinto

Postby campospinto » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Quote:

Quote from Vortex on August 31, 2014, 11:31

I see improvement, I do not see reducing autogen, I made reductions and increases in autogen and there was obedience, even after the simulation ended and started again, then the change does not stop reading.

I am not speaking words of past four years, or words of other people, I'm telling conclusion obtained by tests.

Not logical, but there was improvement, screw logic!

Thank you for your tip.

João Alfredo

rsvette12

Postby rsvette12 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:16 pm

Autogen\default.xml

Found it :)

Made thing worse - putting it back - make sure you make a backup before trying this

hermes82

Postby hermes82 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 am

I gave it a go and autogen was reduced to virtually nill so i'm not surprised it was dropped like a hot potatoe

spirit_66

Postby spirit_66 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 am

I would say that this can't work and on my rig it doesn't work. Many autogen objects were absent on the scenery with utf-8 set.

Maybe one should read a bit about the meanings of utf-8 and utf-16. This website can help.http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2241348/what-is-unicode-utf-8-utf-16 but there are many, many more.

Spirit

Demious

Postby Demious » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:27 am

I gave it a go, but for me there was no noticeable change, whatsoever. No reduction of autogen, but also no reduction of stutter.

colang

Postby colang » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:50 am

The file edit works.

The "trick" is save the file in the correct format.

It's not enough write utf-8 instead utf-16 into the text, it's needed to "save as" and choose the utf-8 format at the moment of saving by notepad.

I tried it and the autogen still works correctly.

I cannot see big improvements, maybe 1 or 2 fps more, and it's too early for me to say if the stutters are reduced or not.

Anyway I'll keep the modified file just to continue testing.

If you have ORBX central, remember to edit and save again the file each time you switch region, as the central overwrite the current file with the selected one

(or you can edit and modify all the default.xml files in orbx scripts directory, but I didn't dare for now).

spirit_66

Postby spirit_66 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:21 am

Quote:

Quote from colang on September 10, 2014, 08:50

The file edit works.

The "trick" is save the file in the correct format.

It's not enough write utf-8 instead utf-16 into the text, it's needed to "save as" and choose the utf-8 format at the moment of saving by notepad.

Can you please elaborate this a bit? What format should I use in "save as" because I can't see any?

Spirit

nemo06

Postby nemo06 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:38 am

I do not understand why you looking for a palliative solutions when the problem is due to a lack of full compatibility between the drivers and P3D.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”