Hotfix 1: Can't even open defult flight without graphics card issues

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jmig

Hotfix 1: Can't even open defult flight without graphics card issues

Post by jmig »

As the subject line says. I can't even get the default flight to work with out, graphic card stopped working for unknown reasons fail, error.

ladies and Gentlemen of LM, I know you are trying. I know you have put in countless hours trying to make this the best product possible. However, PD3 V5 is useless to me. I feel like I have wasted $60.

It is not like I am running a min system. Except for the graphic cards, the system is solid. I NEVER, with one exception (a beta test aircraft for Milviz), had these issues with any other version of PD3.

Frustrated as hell,

John

Martyson

Re: Hotfix 1: Can't even open defult flight without graphics card issues

Post by Martyson »

John,

What were you flying and doing when you got the error?

Any Add-ons installed ?

Graphics card info?

Note:
You Image, screenshot did not show up.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jmig

Re: Hotfix 1: Can't even open defult flight without graphics card issues

Post by jmig »

Update: I am slowly working my way through. I ran the recommended troubleshooting procedures and it looks like MSIAfterburner was a major cause. After removing it I can get up and flying. I can open extra windows and drag them to other monitors. At lease, I did it once.

Changing aircraft caused a graphics driver error on the instrument panel graphics card. I also got two messages from Windows telling me they blocked the card. I ran Windows troubleshooting apps. I flew one more flight afterwards with out incident. Although, I did not try to switch aircraft.

Currently, I am having ORBX Central install the Base Global, LCNa, HD Buildings and trees. I will see what happens then.