V5HF1 horrible performance

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Alti

V5HF1 horrible performance

Post by Alti »

Hello LM,
Fresh install, All scenery standard, standard plane,
My CPU now full 100% (I9-9900K) and GPU only 2-3% now.
thats with all standard, in 40000 Ft high, over miamy
textures set to 4096, Full Antialiasing or not, makes no
no different FPS when set MSAA or SSAA.
GPU always at max 4% CPU always over 90% unsage.
my Screen resolution 1920x1080 !
I have limited in NVIDIA Driver frames to 30.
V5HF1 can not hold the 30 (in V5 set to unlimited)
when i limit frames in V5 to 30 i get horrible 15 to 18 FPS.
latest NVIDIA Driver 445.98
Win10 1909.
YoYo

Re: V5HF1 horrible performance

Post by YoYo »

Which GPU?
Didnt install Ht1 yet but for 5.0 performance was great for me, 90-144 fps.

Did you use this procedure to uninstall correctly version before?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120686
webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
spec: W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32 RAM | P3Dv5 | VR only: HP Reverb G2
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Installed, 130 FPS:

mix/medium/ultra settings.
webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
spec: W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32 RAM | P3Dv5 | VR only: HP Reverb G2
phogarty

Post by phogarty »

Hi,
I have a similar issue.
Performance was great pre HF1. Outside of VR I had around 150fps. In VR It was mostly smooth.
After Installing (fresh install of everything (including Win10) HF1 its lost the smoothness. I still have 45fps in VR with the same settings as pre HF1 but its no longer smooth. Looking outside left or right and banking results in a stutter/tearing.
It would be great if you could try to revert whichever fix caused this.
Otherwise it seems better. I was able to run atmospherics in VR previously by fiddling round with settings but obviously it now switches perfectly.
Cheers
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

phogarty wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:36 pm Hi,
I have a similar issue.
Performance was great pre HF1. Outside of VR I had around 150fps. In VR It was mostly smooth.
After Installing (fresh install of everything (including Win10) HF1 its lost the smoothness. I still have 45fps in VR with the same settings as pre HF1 but its no longer smooth. Looking outside left or right and banking results in a stutter/tearing.
It would be great if you could try to revert whichever fix caused this.
Otherwise it seems better. I was able to run atmospherics in VR previously by fiddling round with settings but obviously it now switches perfectly.
Cheers
What happens if you disable Dynamic Texture Streaming?

S.
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
phogarty

Post by phogarty »

If I disable dynamic streaming the VRAM increases slightly but it’s not really any smoother. Neither are close to using the max VRAM. Graphics card utilisation doesn’t go above 15%.
I also cannot increase texture filtering beyond 2x mssa without inducing stutters as opposed to 8x mssa prior to the hot fix. Frames still hover at 45fps in VR.
It just doesn’t work as well.
Cheers
Simbol

Post by Simbol »

phogarty wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:57 pm If I disable dynamic streaming the VRAM increases slightly but it’s not really any smoother. Neither are close to using the max VRAM. Graphics card utilisation doesn’t go above 15%.
I also cannot increase texture filtering beyond 2x mssa without inducing stutters as opposed to 8x mssa prior to the hot fix. Frames still hover at 45fps in VR.
It just doesn’t work as well.
Cheers
Are you using Nvidia inspector or something similar?

S.
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
phogarty

Post by phogarty »

No nothing at all. Default Nvidia profile.
I use envshade- but it worked great prior to HF1 so it’s probably not the culprit.
Thanks for your help.

Cheers
radorabatin

Post by radorabatin »

Hello All,

I also experience horrible performance drop in HF1 comparing to initial release version. I've tried many combinations of setting, didn't help at all. GPU utilization is very low 3-5% and stuttering is present also. I'm using GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB RAM, 32GB of RAM and Win 10 Pro. I've reinstalled correctly deleting all folders and files.

with best regards,

Rado
Pacificpilot777

Post by Pacificpilot777 »

I've noticed this performance drop as well. Where i would normally be getting 60-70fps in external views, i now get 40, 50 at most. Even after dropping down my settings, still not coming even close to how it was before HF1. Unchecked dynamic texture streaming, gained 10fps back. but still, odd how performance just dropped like a rock.
Snapli

Post by Snapli »

radorabatin wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:10 pm Hello All,

I also experience horrible performance drop in HF1 comparing to initial release version. I've tried many combinations of setting, didn't help at all. GPU utilization is very low 3-5% and stuttering is present also. I'm using GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB RAM, 32GB of RAM and Win 10 Pro. I've reinstalled correctly deleting all folders and files.

with best regards,

Rado
Could you try to measure your GPU performance with a tool other than the Task Manager? Asus Tweak Utility (and others) is showing me 60-70 % on the GPU. As Beau stated somewhere else, DirectX 12 seems to be confusing the Task Manager for some reason...

But yeah, before HF1 VR was incredibly smooth for me, now I’m also having stutters in Single-Pass with Stereo being unusable for me (100 % on the GPU and bad frame rates).

Cheers
radorabatin

Post by radorabatin »

After messing around I've found out, that weather is causing significant performance hit, before HF1 any type of weather and effects had no effect on performance. Just to add more detail, I'm using legacy weather. In case of using TrueSky performance is significantly better.

With best regards,

Rado
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

Sorry to say, I agree. I uninstalled the original v5 (the whole thing ) and reinstalled the 5-1-2020 version. I keep track of a benchmark and am getting lower ( by 10 fps) fps in same exact scenario and graphics settings with nonVR and then crazy - halting behavior in VR with any mode except single-pass, single OSDM - and that fps is no faster than v4.5. For some reason, only known to LM, everything was fine with original release as far as performance - except that head tracking in VR was jitter. Performance with the original release was superior easily to v4.5 but not now.

What happened??
P3Dv5, P3Dv4.4 9700K@5Ghz, 32gbRam, RTX2070,HP Reverb HMD
Captain Nick

Post by Captain Nick »

whitav8 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:13 am Sorry to say, I agree. I uninstalled the original v5 (the whole thing ) and reinstalled the 5-1-2020 version. I keep track of a benchmark and am getting lower ( by 10 fps) fps in same exact scenario and graphics settings with nonVR and then crazy - halting behavior in VR with any mode except single-pass, single OSDM - and that fps is no faster than v4.5. For some reason, only known to LM, everything was fine with original release as far as performance - except that head tracking in VR was jitter. Performance with the original release was superior easily to v4.5 but not now.

What happened??
Ditto. While the head tracking has been fixed for me, the FPS performance wise is considerably less than the initial release.
R5 3600 16gb 3200 ddr4 ram rtx2070 Super Samsung odyssey+
whitav8

Post by whitav8 »

@Captain Nick and other VR users,
What VR settings are you using:
- single-pass or stereo (I use single-pass mostly )
- On screen display mode - single or double ( I used to use double - but right now single )
- sync mode - update or pre-render (what is that anyway??) (I use update )

What version of SteamVR (beta?) are you using - I have 1.12.2
What Nvidia (or AMD ) driver are you using (I have Nv445.87 )

OK, then what mode of reprojection do you use - I use motionvector
and I also use P3D frames=unlimited

I also have tried Dynamic Texture Streaming on and off - no improvement for me
P3Dv5, P3Dv4.4 9700K@5Ghz, 32gbRam, RTX2070,HP Reverb HMD