Default airports

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Paulwarren86

Default airports

Post by Paulwarren86 »

Default airports are a complete step back from V4 and even a step back from FSX. Default EGPF, EGGW, EGDD, EGPH AND EGKK very little gates, texture issues with grass through apron, height of buildings is way to high. Will these issues be addressed? As most of my flying is done on default airports to save on FPS it would be nice to have them a bit more authentic. Image ImageImage

Thanks, Paul
YoYo

Re: Default airports

Post by YoYo »

Yes, many default airports recived new datas (more detailed, corrected positions) but not all datas was corrected by LM to make it fit.
webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
spec: W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32 RAM | P3Dv5 | VR only: HP Reverb G2
niksan29

Post by niksan29 »

I confirm that chaos is happening by default at many airports...
Cheers!
fennelda

Post by fennelda »

Cordoba airport in Spain (LEBA) is in the middle of a lake for me?
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

checking your images,t here seems to something else brocken as well - check the texture of the jetways, they are not looking normal to me
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

What airport is that in the screenshots you posted? I don't know which to check for those issues.

edit: It sort of looks like there's a mesh conflict in those screenshots. I don't see any of that type of issue in the airports you listed in my default scenery.

edit2: I have started to fix LEBA's water issue. I call that exploding water. It's gets exported incorrectly due to shape issues.
Paulwarren86

Post by Paulwarren86 »

Top pic is EGPF, mid is EGKK, bot EGPF. EPGF issue is resolved with a few ADE tweaks.
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Ok, great. We can fix EGKK issue. I agree it looks bad! I looked at building heights, and it seem they should be 3 stories at most at those airports, some of them are 4 now and it's excessive. We are using pretty simple shapes so it's just a guess based on the footprint size itself!
BMW969

Post by BMW969 »

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

I can't see that image.