2 issues, P3dv5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kand

2 issues, P3dv5

Post by kand »

Hi, first off thanks- this is a big leap forward and I really appreciate the work

I run a 1080ti and use 3 screens in Nvidia surround with bezel correction. I notice that I get a strange graphics artefact around the edges of my screen when turning the plane, almost like the image is tearing but at a very low resolution. Especially when in cloud (new clouds). Has this been seen before? It’s very offputting, I will try and capture a screen shot.

I have seen on a number of times now the sim lock up when changing setting in the world menu, eg if I alter the level of auto gen scenery density mid flight, its 50-50 that the sim will lock up when reloading at around the 40-60% mark. Task manager shows P3d as not responding and the only solution is to kill the process

All on vanilla install

Many thanks
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: 2 issues, P3dv5

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Thanks for the report. The edge artifacts you are seeing happen occasionally with Enhanced Atmospherics active. We are looking into a fix for this. As for the lock up issue, are you able to provide a location on where this is happening? Also what are your graphics settings when this occurs?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead