P3Dv4.5 will not Open

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
mbnicholson

P3Dv4.5 will not Open

Postby mbnicholson » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Recently I uninstalled an addon aircraft with my Revo Uninstaller. I then clicked on the additional Safe scan Revo provided. I'm assuming I shot myself in the foot when I did this, and promise to be more careful in the future next time. When I went to open P3D, I got the introductory window, but also a smaller window reflecting ' Lockheed Martin Prepar 3D: Could not find Shader file: Radar Gauge.hisl.' That was the end of my flight simming today. When I open my PC window and search my PC, I have 5 suggestions pop up, although a search for each reflects no find. The five are: Shaders folder, Shaders hisl, shaders hisl directory and radar gauge.hisl. A manual search of P3D files does discover a Shader HLSL folder, which contains a Post Process folder containing a Quad.vsh 1KB read file I cannot open. I will appreciate any suggestions you can make me,

Mike Nicholson, Jetline Systems PC, 4.20 Intel 4 Core i7-7700k CDU, Nividia GTX 1060 6GB card, 32722 mbs memory, Windows 10- 64bit, Prepar3D v4.5 Pro

Spencer Nelson
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3Dv4.5 will not Open

Postby Spencer Nelson » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:55 am

Hey,

Try running through the recommended debug steps found here:
https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2&t=123246

This can help narrow down the cause of your issue and help us resolve the problem quicker.

Thanks,
Spencer

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”