P3D V4.5 white flickering / flashing cockpit window

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jimhoogy

P3D V4.5 white flickering / flashing cockpit window

Postby jimhoogy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:57 pm

Dear users,

I have installed Active sky for p3d and with it the other Programs of REX skyforce and enviroment force.
Quite often I notice in cloud layers, not all the same clouds, but more likely most of them that I have white flashes / flickering white squares / clouds in front of my cockpit window. This seem to be in the clouds, and below the clouds after leaving the layer of clouds. Also when the patches of clouds are SCT / BKN and I fly through them for example on EIDW, LOWG, EGKK, EGBB etc etc it happens a lot around the 1500 till 8000ft.

Weirdly I have changed and played around with the setting of cloud motion settings, from the standard setting to manual set to 40. I thought it was gone but apparently it has appeared again.

To add on, just arrived into EHAM with some clouds and it isn’t happening here. So Maybe it has something to do with certain airports? Cause simply it doesn’t happen all the time. The weather tonight was @POS 122156Z 23514KT 9999 SCT037 BKN042 BKN042 05/00 Q1012 RMK ADVANCED INTERPOLATION in active sky, and these clouds were flowing like normal. No flickering.

Then at Graz tonight I did had flickering at climb out around 5000ft

Can you guys maybe help me out on this matter? Is it something in the files of p3d that creates this or is there any other solution? Retried a lot of settings and reinstalls but no success.

Software :
p3d v4.5
pmdg ngxu 737
Rex Sky Force
Rex EF
Active sky for P3D v4
and a heap loads of add on airports, uk2000, flytampa etc.

In the hope to get this sorted soon :)

Highly appreciated for your time already.
Kind regards,
Jim

Spencer Nelson
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D V4.5 white flickering / flashing cockpit window

Postby Spencer Nelson » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Hey Jim,

Have you tried running through the debug steps to narrow down the cause?

viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

It sounds like your issue might be coming from a 3rd party add-on. If this is the cause, youll want to reach out to the developers of the add-on.

Thanks,
Spencer

jimhoogy

Re: P3D V4.5 white flickering / flashing cockpit window

Postby jimhoogy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi Spencer,

Thank you for the quick response.
I have dropped an email to the developers of HiFi and Rex.
Hopefully something comes up soon regards the flashing / flickering clouds on the cockpit window.

Kind regards,
Jim

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”