Saving Flight Crashes P3D Even with the 2.3 update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
pilot7897

Post by pilot7897 »

This Error Is caused when a certain Add-on Aircraft is installed onto the sim. All I did was temporarily remove all aircraft and leave only one default. Now I can save/load missions [NOT AN ORBX OR SCENERY ISSUE].... Hope this helps!
thetford569

Post by thetford569 »

I too am getting a crash when I try to save a flight. I tried to create a new default flight today to startup cold and dark and had a crash to desktop. Luckily I saved my default flight from P3D V 2.2...hope it works.

Here is the crash log:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 8/18/2014 5:27:01 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Brandon-Desktop

Description:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.3.11345.0, time stamp: 0x53e4d8e6

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x53159a86

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c42d

Faulting process id: 0xe44

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbb2e046efb08

Faulting application path: D:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: c5d5bca8-2726-11e4-8dcd-c86000a09a2c

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-18T22:27:01.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>62358</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Brandon-Desktop</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>2.3.11345.0</Data>

<Data>53e4d8e6</Data>

<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.18409</Data>

<Data>53159a86</Data>

<Data>e0434352</Data>

<Data>0000c42d</Data>

<Data>e44</Data>

<Data>01cfbb2e046efb08</Data>

<Data>D:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>

<Data>c5d5bca8-2726-11e4-8dcd-c86000a09a2c</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi pilot7897/thetford569,

We are not exactly sure what could be causing this issue, as we have not seen it internally. What add-ons do you have installed? What is your user aircraft when you save the flight? Does it crash if you run Prepar3D by right-clicking on the Prepar3D.exe in the installation folder and selecting ‘Run as administrator’? Have you deleted all generated files and attempted to save a default again?

Let us know when you can,
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
thetford569

Post by thetford569 »

Hello Adam,

As far as add-ons I have Orbx FTX Global as well as the PNW, CRM, NRM, and NCA Regions installed. Several FSDreamteam airports and other add-on sceneries. I also have a plethora of AI installed. I patched from version 2.2 to 2.3 and everything was working fine in 2.2 including saving a default flight. I rarely ever save a flight however I decided to try and save a new default flight because I was having an issue where my aircraft would not start up using the checklist and at a certain point I was having to use CRTL-E to get the engines to start up. So I was going to try and save a new cold and dark default flight to fix that issue. Trouble is I can't because the sim crashes when you try to save a flight. The aircraft I was using is Dino's T-45C. I have not tried using the "Run as Administrator" option so I will try that and see if it helps.

I actually was one of the lucky ones it seemed where the patch worked and I don't seem to be having any issues except this one. I have finally had a stable P3D with no crashes since version 2.2 and I converted several of my AI models that were causing the sim to crash. I hope this continues!

Brandon
pilot7897

Post by pilot7897 »

Hello,

I have the QW757, ASN, FlyTampa TNCM, and WOAI. I have tried the "Run in admin" option.
JTerrori

Post by JTerrori »

This Error Is caused when a certain Add-on Aircraft is installed onto the sim. All I did was temporarily remove all aircraft and leave only one default. Now I can save/load missions [NOT AN ORBX OR SCENERY ISSUE].... Hope this helps!
r.brantner

Post by r.brantner »

Possible reason and solution here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/432101-pre ... installed/

Rgds

Reinhard

colang

Post by colang »

I had a similar problem some time ago.

After reading the solution found above, as I hadn't installed woai, I started removing (temporarily) one by one each non default Aircrafy, cutting and pasting in another place their folders, starting by the last installed or modified ones.

I found one RJ85 causing the issue, but that plane worked well for long time up to that day.

So I removed one by one each additional livery and found one livery, downloaded and installed some days before, causing the problem.

I cannot understand how a simple texture, even a corrupted one, can make P3D crash when saving (or in my case also when loading) a flight, moreover a flight with a different plane in use, but it happened, and after having removed that livery I hadn't the probleme anymore.

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

colang,

What RJ85 livery was causing the issue?
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

We have discovered and fixed an issue with third party aircraft causing a crash on Save/Load Flight selections. It appears each of the aircraft that caused the crash have an error in their [fltsim.x] portions of their aircraft.cfg.

The error was related to a key in their configs missing an equals sign. For example:

Code:
[fltsim.x]
title=TestTitle

texture
ui_manufacturer=XXX

texture=XXX

As you can see, texture is specified twice, but missing an equal sign in the first instance. This would cause the plane to load correctly, but during parsing of the config for Saving/Loading would cause a hard crash.

While we will no longer crash, these issues should be addressed by third party developers.

This Prepar3D side of the issue will be fixed in the next release.
colang

Post by colang »

Hello Adam,

sorry for delay in reply, I missed this thread in past days.

I was the HOP RJ100, file qualitywings_avro100_hop.zip by flightsim.com.

Now I read your explanation, downloaded again the file and checked the text to be copied in Aircraft.cfg

Maybe I copied some more rows than the needed, and one of them conatins a "texture" word without = after, or maybe I made some mistake in correcting the text to point the right folders.

Anyway, once understood the reason, I'm very happy to know it will be a fix and to know how I can correct rightly the text, and use again the HOP livery (I like that company).

Thanks for support and clarification, very useful to avoid same situations in the future.
Accu-Sim-Lover

Post by Accu-Sim-Lover »

Found solution for my configuration.

Hi there,
changed from FSX to P3D v2.4 only using a new computer. Same issue when trying to load od save flights within P3D - CTD. Default p3d.cfg [Main]-section lokks like that:

[Main]
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter
Location=18,0,1938,1080,\\.\DISPLAY1
LocationFullScreen=0,0,1920,1080,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Countermeasures

I am flying online using IVAO (IvAp) platform. When installing IvAp (MTL=multiplayer library) there is an additional entry made by the installer within p3d.cfg file.

SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

At my system, this entry crashes P3D when save/load flights.

Manually removing that IVAO made entry and saving p3d.cfg, save/load flights within P3D works.

Kind regards