P3D rearranges Displays

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.

P3D rearranges Displays

Post by 30K »

Hi folks,
My Problem is that every time I launch P3D, my monitor resolution gets changed and thus the display canvas.
It seems that all Monitors get resized to their maximum resolution. While that may be not an issue for most people, I do have a problem with that.
As my audio device is a Denon Reciever connected via HDMI I have to create a phantom display. The AVR supports resolutions up to full frame 4K (4096 × 2160), but I have no interest to use the "display" at that resolution.

Now my other 2 Monitors are a DELL 3840x1600 and a second FullHD Monitor.
When the resolution of the phantom display gets changed, the display is put in between my two "real" Monitors, making it almost impossible to move the mouse over to the second Monitor. I will provide a screenshot;
How I set it before launching P3D:
https://i.imgur.com/YW9KX1G.png
What P3D does:
https://i.imgur.com/DLQzojV.png

Display 2 is the not existing AVR display.
Is there a way to fix this issue?

Sim used is 4.5
OS is windows 10 64b 1903 (fresh install happened before)
Cheers Henrik

Re: P3D rearranges Displays

Post by 30K »

After further testing I can say that this happens as soon I switch to fullscreen or if P3D is started in fullscreen.
Cheers Henrik

Post by 30K »

*bump*
Cheers Henrik
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Henrik,

There is no need to bump. Most of the participants in this forum are probably like me, with only one monitor, and therefore unable to replicate your issue or offer advice, based on their own setups.

However, looking at your posts, you provide info as to what your monitors are, but nothing whatsoever about the important player in this picture, namely your graphics adapter setup and what graphics driver version you are using.

In your case, I would actually see what the tech support for your graphics adapter has to say about this.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.